In Louisiana seems Mitch Landrieu can be the candidate with highest support for run between the possible candidates. Can be candidate for win? Some people tell yes, he can, others tell not.
For remember the possible candidates:
- John Berlinger Breaux: LA 1944 US Senator from LA 87-05.
- Kathleen Babineaux Blanco: LA 1942 Governor of LA 04-08. Lieutenant Governor of LA 96-04.
- Charles Joseph Melancon: LA 1947 USHRep 05- .
- Thomas Gerald Huckaby: LA 1941 USHRep 77-93. Lost for House 92. Living in Virginia?
- Donald J Cazayoux: LA 1964 USHRep 08-09. Lost for House 08.
- Mitchell Joseph Landrieu: LA 1960 Lieutenant Governor of LA 04- . Lost for Mayor of New Orleans 94 and 06.
- James "Buddy" Caldwell: LA 1946 Attorney General of LA 08- .
- Walter Joseph Boasso: LA 1960 Lost for Governor 07.
- Foster L Campbell: LA 1947 Lost for Governor 07. Lost for House 80, 88 and 90.
I think will be very difficult Mitch Landrieu can defeat republican incumbent. Of course i will be with the first democratic in Louisiana system of primaries for this race.
In a 0-10 scale, like this:
--- 00,000 ---
--- 01,429 ---
--- 02,857 ---
--- 04,286 ---
--- 05,714 ---
--- 07,142 ---
--- 08,571 ---
--- 10,000 ---
PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs E Rendell (D-1944) ? af 60 votes = 07,333 => Likely Democratic
KS-Sen: open R vs K Sebelius (D-1948) ? after 43 votes = 06,240 => Leans Democratic
KY-Sen: J Bunning (R-1931) vs ? after 33 votes = 05,606 => Toss-Up
LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs J Breaux (D-1944) ? after 35 votes = 05,571 => Toss-Up
NC-Sen: R Burr (R-1955) vs ? after 38 votes = 05,307 => Toss-Up
2 LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs M Landrieu (D-1960) ? after 39 votes = 05,000 => Toss-Up
OK-Sen: T Coburn (R-1948) vs B Henry (D-1963) ? after 55 votes = 03,727 => Leans Republican
FL-Sen *: C Crist (R-1956) vs B Graham (D-1936) ? af 22 votes = 03,561 => Leans Republican
IA-Sen: C Grassley (R-1933) vs C Culver (D-1966) ? aft 25 votes = 03,400 => Leans Republican
AZ-Sen: J McCain (R-1936) vs ? after 48 votes = 02,396 => Likely Republican
*: The diary for Florida is for gubernatorial race, but can be interesting include here the link to the poll because C Christ let open the door, and can run for senate in 2010.
And for see about other difficult races for democratics like:
AK-Sen: L Murkovski (R-1957) vs T Knowles (D-1943) ?
SD-Sen: J Thune (R-1961) vs ?
ID-Sen: M Crapo (R-1951) vs ?
SC-Sen: J DeMint (R-1951) vs J Hodges (D-1956) ?
AL-Sen: R Shelby (R-1934) vs J Folsom (D-1949) ?
GA-Sen: J Isakson (R-1944) vs ?
UT-Sen: R Bennett (R-1933) vs ?
All the polls are open.
PS: This diary will be updated when the number of votes up, and when the serie of diaries about senate end.