Who: Michigan Kossacks
When: Sunday December 28, 2008, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Where: The Corner Brewery, 720 Norris St., Ypsilanti, 48198, 734-480-2739
Why: Meet other Kossacks; catch up with old friends; talk about local, state and national politics; and, raise a holiday toast.
This diary is essentially a repeat of one that I posted Monday evening. I'm trying to get the word out to as many people as possible so I'm posting again at a different time of the day.
A few vitals on the venue...
- You place your own order at the bar. No pressure to drink, or eat from staff. All orders are "dutch."
- Alcoholic beverages available are house micro beers, wine and hard cider. No mixed drinks available.
- There is a small kitchen. You can view the menu here. It's ok to order out from a local restaurant that delivers, but you can not bring in your own food. It's ok to eat before you come. The menu reference is only to let you know that food is available.
- Plenty of on-site parking.
- Conversation friendly. No music. Limited TV.
- Free wi-fi.
- Owned by progressive democrats who believe in local sustainability.
If you haven't attended one of our get-togethers yet, please consider joining us. We started five years ago and our numbers have grown each year. Our common threads? DailyKos, a love of politics and Michigan - even if you're in town visiting a relative or friend. So, come on down and put faces and smiles with monikers. Bring a friend. We'll talk to them too. You'll be glad you did.
P.S. Pass the word!