Well, in todays diary i come back few. I come to senate races. In the poll of Dec 30 we can see like over any possible strong candidates for the senate race for Missouri, we can see like D Gephart is the more voted (with M Cleland for GA). In next diary you can see the poll:
When i was make the poll for senate race for Missouri i was let open democrat side, and the result not was bad for this state. Kit Bond not seems one of more strong republican incumbents.
After see this interesting result in the poll for D Gephardt i get interested in see if D Gephardt make the people feel more confiance in democratic party's chance of win this race.
I remember the list of possible candidates:
- Jeremiah W Nixon: MO 1956 Governor of Missouri 09- . Attorney General of Missouri 93-09. Lost for Senate 88 and 98.
- Roger B Wilson: MO 1948 Governor of Missouri 00-01. Lieutenant Governor of Missouri 93-00.
- Robert Lee Holden: MO 1949 Governor of Missouri 01-05. MO State Treasurer 93-01. Lost for Governor 04.
- Richard Andrew Gephardt: MO 1941 USHRep 77-05. Majority Leader House 89-95. Minority Leader House 95-03. Lost for President 88 and 04.
- William Lacy Clay: MO 1956 USHRep 01- .
- John Russell Carnahan: MO 1958j USHRep 05- . Lost for House 90.
- Emanuel Cleaver: TX MO 1944 USHRep 05- . Mayor of Kansas City 91-99.
- Alan Wheat: TX MO 1951 USHRep 83-95. Lost for Senate 94.
- Joe Maxwell: MO ? Lieutenant Governor of Missouri 00-05.
- Clint Zweifel: MO 1973 MO State Treasurer 09- .
- Robin Carnahan: MO 1961 MO Secretary of State 05- .
- Chris Koster: MO 1964 MO Attorney General 09- .
- Susan Montee: MO 1960 MO State Auditor 07- .
Until now, Robin Carnahan and Susan Montee appear in the comments and polls about this race, but today we can try see what think the people about D Gephardt's possible candidature.
In a 0-10 scale, like this:
--- 00,000 ---
--- 01,429 ---
--- 02,857 ---
--- 04,286 ---
--- 05,714 ---
--- 07,142 ---
--- 08,571 ---
--- 10,000 ---
PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs E Rendell (D-1944) ? af 53 votes = 07,138 => Leans Democratic
NH-Sen: J Gregg (R-1947) vs J Lynch (D-1952) ? after 16 votes = 06,667 => Leans Democratic
OH-Sen: G Voinovich (R-1936) vs T Strickland (D-1941) ? aft 32 votes = 06,250 => Leans Dem
KS-Sen: open R vs K Sebelius (D-1948) ? after 38 votes = 06,096 => Leans Democratic
MO-Sen: K Bond (R-1939) vs D Gephardt (D-1941) ? aft 23 votes = 05,797 => Leans Democratic
LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs J Breaux (D-1944) ? after 35 votes = 05,571 => Toss-Up
KY-Sen: J Bunning (R-1931) vs ? after 32 votes = 05,469 => Toss-Up
NC-Sen: R Burr (R-1955) vs ? after 36 votes = 05,324 => Toss-Up
2 MO-Sen: K Bond (R-1939) vs ? after 26 votes = 05,064 => Toss-Up
2 LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs M Landrieu (D-1960) ? after 35 votes = 04,905 => Toss-Up
FL-Sen: J Bush (R-1953) vs B Graham (D-1936) ? after 33 votes = 04,343 => Toss-Up
OK-Sen: T Coburn (R-1948) vs B Henry (D-1963) ? after 49 votes = 03,741 => Leans Republican
IA-Sen: C Grassley (R-1933) vs C Culver (D-1966) ? aft 25 votes = 03,400 => Leans Republican
TX-Sen: open R vs ? after 32 votes = 02,865 => Leans Republican
AZ-Sen: J McCain (R-1936) vs ? after 46 votes = 02,355 => Likely Republican
And for see about other difficult races for democratics like:
AK-Sen L Murkovski (R-1957) vs T Knowles (D-1943) ?
SD-Sen J Thune (R-1961) vs ?
ID-Sen M Crapo (R-1951) vs ?
SC-Sen J DeMint (R-1951) vs J Hodges (D-1956) ?
AL-Sen R Shelby (R-1934) vs J Folsom (D-1949) ?
GA-Sen J Isakson (R-1944) vs ?
UT-Sen R Bennett (R-1933) vs ?
All the polls are open.
PS: This diary will be updated when the number of votes go up.
PS2: In nexts days i will continue with the races for governors what i start in Dec 31 diary: