I was forwarded this video in an email. Apparently its about a year old, but I'm sure the people who made it still support it. Images can change how people feel. Hope has to start somewhere. Anyway, after a horrific December and January--its nice to see something pleasant.
Unfortunately because this video is a bit old the links to the organization do not seem to go anywhere. All I could find was translation of Hamifkad Haleumi which seems to be People's Voice, and a statement of principles similar to what I've seen recently posted by other diarists on Kos. The two leaders seemed to be Ami Ayalon and Dr. Sari Nusseibeh, and they are associated with this website:
The main points of the Statement of Principles advanced by the People's Voice:
· Two states for two nations.
· Permanent borders based on the June 4, 1967 lines (with the possibility of equitable exchanges of territory for reasons of security, demography or territorial integrity).
· Jerusalem is to be an open city and the capital of both states. Arab neighbourhoods will be under Palestinian sovereignty, Jewish neighbourhoods under Israel. There will be no political sovereignty over the Temple Mount / Haram al Sherif.
· Palestinian refugees will be allowed to return to the territories of the Palestinian state only, Jews to the territories of Israel. An international fund will be established for the compensation and rehabilitation of Palestinian refugees.
· The Palestinian state will be demilitarised.
· Upon implementation of the Statement of Principles, when a peace accord is signed, the claims of both sides shall terminate and conflict end.
Something to consider, something to hope for, something to work for.