Overpaid stuffed suit, Brian Williams, finally found an issue that caused him to cross the line from news reader to news commentator, today. So proud was he of his new found outrage that it could not be contained within the bounds of his own show. No, he had to make a special appearance on the Obermann show to demonstrate what a man of the people he really is.
Exactly what was it that motivated Brian Williams to cross that ethical line that he has held for so long. Was it....???
- The fact that he repeatedly presented to the American people on his nightly news show paid shills masquerading as military advisors who resoundingly pimped the necessity of invading Iraq? Now that would be a story!! Nope. Brian is not only okay with that, he facilitated it.
- Would he comment of illegal wiretapping through overstep of FISA? No, as far as Brian knows, he wasn't a target, (probably slept pretty well on that one considering his actions on point number 1, above.)
- Was it the overreach of executive power to suspend habeous corpus, effect hundreds of signing statements overriding the legislative branch or any of the variety of executive orders that were intended to hide the workings of our government and subvert the workings of the three equal branches that hold our democracy together? No, as long as they were done for good reason, Brian did not see any need to get all worked up about those.
- How about the revelation that we have been engaged in torture since 2003? Well, Brian knew that back then. Any outrage he would have about that certainly has worn off by now.
- How about the fact that millions of people in the country are out of work for the actions of a few greedy traders (some on his network)and bankers who gamed the system from top to bottom for nearly a decade under the blind eyes of his supposed news organization - a group that could hardly investigate what Obama had for lunch if it was included in a White House press briefing. Hell no, Brian isn't going to care about that...after all, he hangs out with most of these people on the weekends when he doesn't have to pretend like he is a man of the people during the week. Sure wouldn't want to ruffle those feathers. I mean, gee, those people throw some killer parties!
No, the issue is much bigger than that. You see, the only issue Brian could finally bring himself to comment on was one that literally flew right over his head. Yes, we had to hear him invoke and stoke his personal 911 fears all over again because he thought someone broke into Andrews Air Force Base and hijacked Air Force 1 and was going to crash it into lower Manhatten with a full military escort. Gotta hand it to Brian Williams. He sure knows what to get worked up about. Maybe through his temper tantrum he can get someone fired and he can build his bonafides as a true man of the people. Just don't ask him to express any outrage over the other issues that really affect people's lives....they are not quite a sexy to cover...