Nature beautiful and dramatic today under the clouds and in the sunshine ...
The birds are afflicted by all the troubles and sorrows which perpetually afflict humankind. Although people routinely dismiss the birds as "birdbrains" it is the human brain which generates so many delusions, distractions and sorrows ... humankind perpetually afflicted with an illness which has no cure, an illness so pervasive that humans accept it as "normal" as they look down upon Nature and the living world.
I cannot blame humankind for the horrendous manner in which humans have chosen to live. If this world indicates anything at all about humankind it is this: Humans don't have free will.
There are several unhealthy delusions which function as myths of the modern world:
- Perpetual population & economic growth is both possible & beneficial.
- Humans are smart enough and inventive enough to replace natural systems with technology serving the same purpose, only better.
- All problems are solvable.
- After conquering the Earth, humans will conquer space.
- "Progress" can continue indefinitely into the future.
- While our modern civilization is imperfect humans will eventually solve all of these problems and create utopia.
- While all of the ancient civilizations collapsed and ceased to exist, our own civilization will last forever.
- While all of humankind's closest ancestors went extinct, the Homo sapiens will exist forever.
These myths and delusions have justified the very worst behaviors among humans against each other, against Nature, against All-Life, and against the future.
They are ending now. These myths and delusions are dying right now, right in front of our eyes.
When the myths and delusions are gone humankind will suddenly discover that nothing whatsoever is left.
There's no happy ending to this story. "Happily Ever After ... " is a fairy tale.