This appears to be the week of the "birthers" - the fringe group of wingnuts who think that Barack Obama was not qualified to run for President. But is there a way to shut these "birthers" up? Alternatively, do we have to?
How about doing this? Get hold of some kossacks or other progressives born in Hawaii who are about the same age as Obama, give or take, and then let them tell us what kind of document they used as proof of their birth for any of the following :
- To get a driver's license
- To get into a University in Hawaii
- To get a US passport
- To get into the Armed Forces
- To get a job in the Defense sector
- To get a job in the State Dept.
- To get a job in FBI or CIA
Alternatively, maybe it is good to ignore the "birthers" and let them wallow in their own ignorance? Or perhaps ignore them for long enough to make fools of themselves and then launch a full-scale frontal and factual assault on them?