Bill Donohue, notorious head of the Catholic League, a far right wing "group", has a new book coming out called Secular Sabotage -- How Liberals Are Destroying Religion and Culture in America.
Sounds pretty good, huh? I'm sure it's chock full of insightful commentary.
It has the some of the usual conservapundits lining up in praise to lend their names to the blurb sheet: Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, Donald Wildmon, chair of the American Family Association. It also includes the leading conservative voice in America right now: Stephen Colbert.
In yet another move of sheer genius, Stephen Colbert has somehow infiltrated the world of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" conservative book cover blurb peddling. According to Donohue's own site:
Catholic League president Bill Donohue’s new book, Secular Sabotage: How Liberals Are Destroying Religion and Culture in America, is now in bookstores....
Here is what some are saying about the book:
· "In this bracing, brutal exposé of the anti-God movement, Donohue delivers a common sense smackdown that is both informative and entertaining." – Laura Ingraham, nationally syndicated radio talk show host and bestselling author
· "Like the man himself, the book is feisty, controversial, impassioned, and important." – Michael Medved, nationally syndicated talk show host
· "Bill Donohue is right on target. Every Christian needs to read his book." – Donald E. Wildmon, founder and chairman, American Family Association
· "SECULAR SABOTAGE is an absolute must-read for anyone who believes the Judeo-Christian ethos is the very heart and soul of civilized society." – L. Brent Bozell III, president, Media Research Center
· "Wake up, America! The secular minority has cut the brake cables on America’s In-God-We-Trust-Mobile™! Not even all 43 of our Christian presidents can save us now." – Stephen Colbert, host of "The Colbert Report",
Matt in Denver says: " I think a publicist is about to lose her job." Thank you for sharing, you wonderful Slog commenter, you.
Hat tip to Matt in Denver, whomever you are, and thanks Mr. Colbert for a much needed laugh... although I'd like to think that some Kossack has infiltrated the Catholic League........
I simply can't believe that it made it as far to the Catholic League website. I "pray" it somehow has made it onto the book jacket -- supposedly it's "already in bookstores."
So frickin' hilarious.
UPDATE: Commenter Scarce has provided the link to Amazon.com. It looks like it didn't make the back cover -- please God, let it have made the sleeve!!