Well, this is a second option for Ohio. We are finding best options for democrats in all states against the bests republicans and i dont can forget this option. Ohio will be very important state in 2010 elections.
Lasts days we see here three options for Ohio. T Strickland for governor and generic candidates for governor and for senate. These are the results:
OH-Gov: M DeWine (R-1947) vs T Strickland (D-1941) ? af 16 votes = 07,813 => Likely Democr
2 OH-Gov: M DeWine (R-1947) vs ? after 13 votes = 06,923 => Leans Democratic
OH-Sen: R Portman (R-1955) vs ? after 21 votes = 06,349 => Leans Democratic
These little polls seems tell R Portman is viewed here like more strong candidate than M DeWine, because the rate for a generic candidate is more high in the poll for governor (06,923 in the race against DeWine for a generic candidate, and 06,349 in the race against Portman in the race for senate).
Seems the people feel or think what a generic candidate can win few more easily the race for governor against M DeWine.
For that, i think today we must try see the fourth option. T Strickland running for senate against R Portman. I know some people like more T Strickland continue for governor. I think can be good try see. All polls are open for new votes.
Like for all states, i will remember the list of possible democratic candidates:
- Ted Strickland: OH 1941 Governor of Ohio 07- . USHRep 93-95 and 97-07. Lost for House 76 78 80 and 94.
- Timothy J Ryan: OH 1973 USHRep 03- .
- Marcia Carolin Kaptur: OH 1946 USHRep USHRep 83- .
- Betty Sue Sutton: OH 1963 USHRep 07- .
- Zachary T Space: OH 1961 USHRep 07- .
- John Boccieri: OH 1969 USHRep 09- .
- Steven L Driehaus: OH 1966 USHRep 09- .
- Dennis John Kucinich: OH 1946 USHRep 97- . Mayor of Cleveland 78-79. Lost for President 04 and 08. Lost for House 88 and 92. Lost for Mayor of Cleveland 78 (against Voinovich). Lost for OH Senate 82 (against Sherrod Brown). Lost for OH House 72 and 74.
- Marcia L Fudge: OH 1952 USHRep 08- .
- Charlie Wilson: OH 1943 USHRep 07- .
- Mary Jo Kilroy: OH 1949 USHRep 09- . Lost for House 06. Lost for OH Senate 96.
- Dennis Edward Eckart: OH 1950 USHRep 81-93.
- Edward F Feighan: OH 1947 USHRep 83-93. Lost for Mayor of Cleveland 77 (against Kucinich).
- Thomas Charles Sawyer: OH 1945 USHRep 87-03. Lost for House 02 and 06 (against Ryan and Sutton).
- Charles J Luken: OH 1951 USHRep 91-93. Mayor of Cincinnati 84-91 99-05. Lost for council of Cincinnati 79.
- Eric David Fingerhut: OH 1959 USHRep 93-95. Lost for Senate 04. Lost for Governor 06. Lost for House 94.
- Lee Fisher: MI OH 1951 Lieutenant Governor of Ohio 07- . OH Attorney General 91-95. Lost for Governor 98. Lost for OH Attorney General 94.
- Kevin Boyce: OH 1971 OH State Treasurer 09- .
- Jennifer Lee Brunner: OH 1957 OH Secretary of State 07- .
- Richard Cordray: OH 1959 OH Attorney General 09. OH State Treasurer 07-09. Lost for Senate 00. Lost for OH Attorney General 98. Lost for OH House 92.
And this is the list of possible republican candidates:
- Robert Jones Portman: OH 1955 Director of OMB 06-07. US Trade Representative 05-06. USHRep 93-05.
- Richard Michael DeWine: OH 1947 Senator from Ohio 95-07. Lieutenant Governor of OH 91-94. USHRep 83-91. Lost for senate 06.
- Nancy Putnam Hollister: OH 1949 Governor of Ohio 98-99. Lieutenant Governor of OH 95-98. Lost for House 98. Lost for OH House 04.
- Steven C LaTourette: OH 1954 USHRep 95- .
- Patrick Joseph Tiberi: OH 1962 USHRep 01- .
- James D Jordan: OH 1964 USHRep 07- .
- John Andrew Boehner: OH 1949 USHRep 91- .
- Michael R Turner: OH 1960 USHRep 03- . Lost for Mayor of Dayton 01.
- Jeannette Marie Hoffman Schmidt: OH 1951 USHRep 05- .
- Robert Edward Latta: OH 1956 USHRep 07- .
- Stephen Austria: OH 1958 USHRep 09- .
- John Richard Kasich: OH 1952 USHRep 83-01. Lost for President 00.
- Robert D McEwen: OH 1950 USHRep 81-93. Lost for Senate 88. Lost for House 92 93 05 and 06.
- Michael Garver Oxley: OH 1944 USHRep 81-07.
- Deborah D Pryce: OH 1951 USHRep 93-09.
- Martin R Hoke: OH 1952 USHRep 93-97. Lost for House 96.
- Steven Chabot: OH 1953 USHRep 95-09. Lost for House 88 and 08. Lost for Cincinnati City Council 79 and 83.
- Maureen O'Connor: DC OH 1951 Lieutenant Governor of OH 99-03.
- Jeannette B Bradley: OH 19?? Lieutenant Governor of OH 03-05. OH State Treasurer 05-07. Lost for OH State Treasurer 07.
- Bruce Edward Johnson: OH 1960 Liutenant Governor of OH 05-06. Lost for Columbus City Attorney 97.
- Mary Taylor: OH 196? OH State Auditor 07- .
In a 0-10 scale, like this:
--- 00,000 ---
--- 01,429 ---
--- 02,857 ---
--- 04,286 ---
--- 05,714 ---
--- 07,142 ---
--- 08,571 ---
--- 10,000 ---
HI-Sen: Incumbent D Inouye (D-1924) win in 2004 with 76%.
NY-Sen: Incumbent C Schumer (D-1950) win in 2004 with 71%.
VT-Sen: Incumbent P Leahy (D-1940) win in 2004 with 71%.
ND-Sen: Incumbent B Dorgan (D-1942) win in 2004 with 68%.
CT-Sen: Incumbent C Dodd (D- 1944) win in 2004 with 66%.
MD-Sen: Incumbent B Mikulski (D-1936) win in 2004 with 65%.
OR-Sen: Incumbent R Wyden (D-1949) win in 2004 with 63%.
IN-Sen: Incumbent E Bayh (D-1955) win in 2004 with 62%.
NV-Sen: Incumbent H Reid (D-1939) win in 2004 with 61%.
CA-Sen: Incumbent B Boxer (D-1940) win in 2004 with 58%.
AR-Sen: Incumbent B Lincoln (D-1960) win in 2004 with 56%.
WI-Sen: Incumbent R Feingold (D-1953) win in 2004 with 55%.
WA-Sen: Incumbent P Murray (D-1950) win in 2004 with 55%.
IL-Sen: Incumbent R Burris (D-1937). B Obama (D-1961) win in 2004 with 70%.
NY-Sen: Incumbent K Gillibrand (D-1966). H Clinton (D-1947) win in 2006 with 67%.
CO-Sen: Incumbent M Bennet (D-1964). K Salazar (D-1955) win in 2004 with 51%.
DE-Sen: M Castle (R-1939) vs B Biden (D-1969) ? after 33 votes = 07,828 => Likely Democratic
PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs E Rendell (D-1944) ? af 60 votes = 07,333 => Likely Democratic
OH-Sen: R Portman (R-1955) vs T Strickland (D-1941) ? af 11 votes = 07,273 => Likely Democr
MO-Sen: open R vs R Carnahan ? after 09 votes = 06,852 => Leans Democratic
2 OH-Sen: R Portman (R-1955) vs ? after 21 votes = 06,349 => Leans Democratic
KS-Sen: open R vs K Sebelius (D-1948) ? after 43 votes = 06,240 => Leans Democratic
KY-Sen: J Bunning (R-1931) vs S Beshear (D-1944) ? af 19 votes = 05,789 => Leans Democrat
NH-Sen: J Sununu (R-1964) vs P Hodes (D-1951) ? after 10 votes = 05,667 => Toss-Up
2 KY-Sen: J Bunning (R-1931) vs ? after 33 votes = 05,606 => Toss-Up
LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs J Breaux (D-1944) ? after 35 votes = 05,571 => Toss-Up
NC-Sen: R Burr (R-1955) vs ? after 38 votes = 05,307 => Toss-Up
2 PA-Sen: A Specter (R-1930) vs ? after 31 votes = 05,108 => Toss-Up
2 LA-Sen: D Vitter (R-1961) vs M Landrieu (D-1960) ? after 39 votes = 05,000 => Toss-Up
OK-Sen: T Coburn (R-1948) vs B Henry (D-1963) ? after 55 votes = 03,727 => Leans Republican
FL-Sen *: C Crist (R-1956) vs B Graham (D-1936) ? af 22 votes = 03,561 => Leans Republican
IA-Sen: C Grassley (R-1933) vs C Culver (D-1966) ? aft 25 votes = 03,400 => Leans Republican
AZ-Sen: J McCain (R-1936) vs ? after 48 votes = 02,396 => Likely Republican
*: The diary for Florida is for gubernatorial race, but can be interesting include here the link to the poll because C Christ let open the door, and can run for senate in 2010.
And for see about other difficult races for democratics like:
AK-Sen: Incumbent L Murkovski (R-1957) win in 2004 with 49%.
SD-Sen: Incumbent J Thune (R-1961) win in 2004 with 51%.
ID-Sen: Incumbent M Crapo (R-1951) win in 2004 with 99%.
SC-Sen: Incumbent J DeMint (R-1951) win in 2004 with 54%.
AL-Sen: Incumbent R Shelby (R-1934) win in 2004 with 68%.
GA-Sen: Incumbent J Isakson (R-1944) win in 2004 with 58%.
UT-Sen: Incumbent R Bennett (R-1933) win in 2004 with 69%.
All the polls are open.
PS: This diary will be updated when the number of votes up, and when the serie of diaries about senate end.