Minnesota Congressman Jim Oberstar (D) has decided he is going to vote yes on the health insurance reform bill. Oberstar held out on his vote until he was assured that a Medicare formula that has shorted Minnesota health care providers for many years was fixed. A final agreement on that issue was announced today. Oberstar also talks about a "touching" phone call from a woman in his district. She lost her son to heart disease because he did not have health insurance.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
dvogel001, itskevin, Gowrie Gal, pkohan, Lujane, manucpa, MKSinSA, RethinkEverything, annominous, poliwrangler
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by mmcintee
- No Minnesotan will forget the day the I-35W Bridge collapsed. It was a tragedy that served as a wakeup call to us all about the state of our nation’s infrastructure, and it prompted an ...11 comments 30 Recs
- Well ... there's a new PAC in town ... In the ongoing effort to defeat Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), a new political action committee is joining the fray. RAT PAC is a PAC founded by 6th ...94 comments 176 Recs
- March 13 2010 Michele Bachmann spoke today in St Paul MN on the Capital steps during her "Kill the Bill Rally". Here is an 8:30, but the entire 90 minute rally is at TheUptake.org. Highlights : ...41 comments 13 Recs
- (cross posted at VoteForAmerica.net ) 9:25 AM CT: The board is ...14 comments 16 Recs
- Minneapolis Bridge Collapse - 2001 study found bridge OK, advised no big fix because of "high costs"The March 2001 study into the bridge that collapsed Wednesday evening advised against refurbishing the bridge because of "high costs."12 comments 9 Recs
- Minnesota-centric, I know. But it's certainly something others are dealing with. John Kline is a pro-surge congressman. He hosted a town hall meeting Tuesday night.12 comments 3 Recs
- 5 comments 4 Recs
- 23 comments 17 Recs
- 14 comments 30 Recs
- 185 comments 461 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.