Phil Griffin, these are the words you would use to describe David Shuster? WOW!!!! Is my first impression and my next is, are you serious....
The only public statement about David Shuster’s suspension from MSNBC was five words from a spokesperson.
But Mediaite has obtained an email from MSNBC President Phil Griffin to an angry fan, explaining in slightly more, and much harsher, detail the reason for Shuster’s indefinite suspension.
Here’s the full email from Griffin, sent last night to a fan:
From: Griffin, Phil (NBC Universal)
Sent: Wed 4/07/10 11:16 PM
Sorry, but this is a business and I need team players. He was not moral, ethical or professional and that is not fair to the 500 people who work at msnbc.
Thanks for your note,
Are you serious?
So Mr. Griffin, President of MSNBC what’s your definition of a Team Player and what’s your definition of "moral, ethical or professional"
• "Mrs. Dense Brzezinski" who doesn’t have an opinion unless Joe Scarborough gives it to her....
• "Pat I Hate Latinos Buchanan" So you're saying he is "moral, ethical or professional"
• "Chuck Boring Ass Todd"
• "David why is he still moderator of Meet the Press and so you're saying is he is also "moral, ethical or professional"
• "Savannah’s More Qualified than Todd and even more Qualified than Gregory Guthrie"
• "Former Republican Congressman who resigned from office for what Reason exactly and he lands a job on MSNBC; Phil Griffin, you never heard of a thing called Background Searches, I mean every Big Corporation does them and I suspect that the Former Congressman probably wouldn’t have hired anywhere else, so why did MSNBC ? and he is "moral, ethical, professional" and "not a criminal"
• Elliot Spitzer "moral"
Explain that "Team Player Concept"to me again... this must be a new form of math because I’m not getting it. David Shuster had done everything this station had asked him to do and then some.....
• Journey Man in the Morning
• Journey Man in the Evening
• Journey Man on Breaking All Day Weekend News
• Journey Man on the All Day Coverage Healthcare Vote
• He took over that 1600 Pennsylvania Show because David Gregory was so horrid and made it watchable; and then you took that slot away from him and gave it to Ed; and then rewarded David Gregory with Meet The Press Job, I’m still waiting on an explanation on that one.....
• David Shuster and Tamron Hall moved to a two hour show called‘The Big Picture" and just when their chemistry was really getting into its grove and their ratings were on the rise you broke up this dynamic duo; and for what, to help that Ranting Dylan Ratigan and his failing program. And so let me get this straight, you dismantled a program "The Big Picture with David Shuster and Tamron Hall" that had begun to do really well in the ratings and you replaced it with a show where the ratings were on the decline, yeah that makes a whole lot of business sense...
Since we are judging Mr. Phil Griffin, tell me who comes out the "moral, ethical or professional" in this little clip
Oh wait, who was the "Professional" One in this Clip
Now I thought this was funny because the "Team Players" Definitely do stands out.
Is it only me who’s confused about Phil Griffins concept of a "Team Player" I mean really, unless your version of a team player is "I" Phil Griffin should be able to treat you any dame way I please"....
This is fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!