RECS ARE NEEDED TO KEEP THIS RECLISTED. If you haven't rec'd this mothership, please do so now.
This is the BP Assault on the Gulf of Mexico Mothership, Day Six.
- Let's keep this a meta diary. To volunteer to host an ROV (submersible) diary, leave a comment here.
- For commenting on anything related to the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, please go to the current ROV diary.
- Please rec this mothership diary, not the submersibles.
- Please be kind to fellow kossacks who may have limited bandwidth and refrain from posting images or videos.
To repeat: please refrain from commenting in this mothership diary, unless you're volunteering for a submersible shift.
BP Liveblog ROV 25 - Tomtech
BP Liveblog ROV 24 - hester
BP Liveblog ROV 23 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 22 - papicek
BP Liveblog ROV 21 - weatherdude
BP Liveblog ROV 20 - joanneleon
BP Liveblog ROV 19 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 18 - yawnimawake
BP Liveblog ROV 17 - weatherdude
BP Liveblog ROV 16 - politik
BP Liveblog ROV 15 - RhymesWithUrple
BP Liveblog ROV 14 - johnsonwax
BP Liveblog ROV 13 - middleagedhousewife
BP Liveblog ROV 12 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 11 - Overseas
BP Liveblog ROV 10 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 9 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 8 - Garrett
BP Liveblog ROV 7 - miep
BP Liveblog ROV 6 - alkalinesky
BP Liveblog ROV 5 - liveblog
BP Liveblog ROV 4 - Garrett
BP Liveblog ROV 3 - sc kitty
BP Liveblog ROV 2 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 1 - khowell
Top Kill Begins! - Tomtech
- h/t dov12348
- The Oil Drum
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Offshore Magazine
- Petroleum News
- You Oil and Gas News
- World Oil
- Administration response to spill.
- Donate to SkyTruth. SkyTruth helps environmental NGOs use remote sensing (pictures taken from space) and digital mapping to improve their scientific credibility, conservation decisionmaking, communications and public outreach.
- Upstreamonline.com Courtesy of cadejo4
- Deepwater Horizon Joint Investigation - courtesy of C-Span
- Killer Rigs, a related diary courtesy of Limelite
- BP knew months ago of substandard equipment Courtesy of Gorette
- Courtesy of fishoutofwater, some disturbing satellite imagery
- Images of the Oilpocalypse, courtesy of TomTech
Sillia does a great job of explaining how the Mothership concept works.
This diary, that is, the mothership, forms the hub from which you can reach the other diaries. Or, think of it as a table of contents in the front page of a book. You use this diary to find a link to the latest discussions. You can also find links here to past discussions (previous diaries) if you wanted to read them.
A 'child diary' is where the discussion is--once one of these gets so long that its size is cumbersome, they start a new one. So if you wanted to join in to the most current discussion, you'd click the most recent link. But they leave the links there so that people can still go back and read the older ones if they wish.
The reason for this setup is that it prevents the recommended list from being filled up with many diaries on the same topic. Instead just the mothership will appear on the rec list where everybody can find it, which they can use to navigate to the latest discussion. (That's why we are asked to "rec" the mothership but not the other diaries, just reduces confusion.)
I hope this is sort of what you were wanting to know...