BP LMRP Liveblog Mothership: Day Seven
Welcome, everyone, to the ongoing vigil of BP's Gulf of Mexico disaster.
The current ROV DIARY is here.
- Let's keep this a meta diary. To volunteer to host a submersible leave a comment here.
- For commenting on the LMRP attempt or anything else having to do with the Oilpocalypse, please go to the current ROV DIARY: here.
- Please rec this mothership diary, not the ROVs
- Please be kind to fellow kossacks who may have limited bandwidth and refrain from posting images or videos.
To repeat: please refrain from commenting in this mothership diary, unless you're volunteering for a submersible shift.
Kossak Sillia gives a concise explanation of the mothership and liveblog:
This diary, that is, the mothership, forms the hub from which you can reach the other diaries. Or, think of it as a table of contents in the front page of a book. You use this diary to find a link to the latest discussions. You can also find links here to past discussions (previous diaries) if you wanted to read them.
A 'child diary' is where the discussion is--once one of these gets so long that its size is cumbersome, they start a new one. So if you wanted to join in to the most current discussion, you'd click the most recent link. But they leave the links there so that people can still go back and read the older ones if they wish.
The reason for this setup is that it prevents the recommended list from being filled up with many diaries on the same topic. Instead just the mothership will appear on the rec list where everybody can find it, which they can use to navigate to the latest discussion. (That's why we are asked to "rec" the mothership but not the other diaries, just reduces confusion.)
I hope this is sort of what you were wanting to know...
Today's Liveblog Diaries
BP Liveblog ROV 35 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 34 - OpMama
BP Liveblog ROV33 - yawnimawake
BP Liveblog ROV 32 - Pam LaPier
BP Liveblog ROV 31 - splashy
BP Liveblog ROV #30 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 29 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 28 - Tomtech
Previous Liveblog diaries
BP Liveblog ROV 27 - yasuragi
BP Liveblog ROV 26 - alkalinesky
BP Liveblog ROV 25 - TomTech
BP Liveblog ROV 24 - hester
BP Liveblog ROV 23 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 22 - papicek
BP Liveblog ROV 21 - weatherdude
BP Liveblog ROV 20 - joanneleon
BP Liveblog ROV 19 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 18 - yawnimawake
BP Liveblog ROV 17 - weatherdude
BP Liveblog ROV 16 - politik
BP Liveblog ROV 15 - RhymesWithUrple
BP Liveblog ROV 14 - johnsonwax
BP Liveblog ROV 13 - middleagedhousewife
BP Liveblog ROV 12 - nika7k
BP Liveblog ROV 11 - Overseas
BP Liveblog ROV 10 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 9 - khowell
BP Liveblog ROV 8 - Garrett
BP Liveblog ROV 7 - miep
BP Liveblog ROV 6 - alkalinesky
BP Liveblog ROV 5 - liveblog
BP Liveblog ROV 4 - Garrett
BP Liveblog ROV 3 - sc kitty
BP Liveblog ROV 2 - conchita
BP Liveblog ROV 1 - khowell
Top Kill Begins! - Tomtech
Links, Courtesy of several kossacks
- h/t dov12348's recommended links
- The Oil Drum
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Offshore Magazine
- Petroleum News
- You Oil and Gas News
- World Oil
- Administration response to spill.
- Donate to SkyTruth here. SkyTruth helps environmental NGOs use remote sensing (pictures taken from space) and digital mapping to improve their scientific credibility, conservation decisionmaking, communications and public outreach.
- Images of the Oilpacalypse - Wonderful screen shots with captions and labels from Tomtech.
- Visit the Oil Spill Crisis Map to see where oil, mousse, tar balls, and eau de crude have been reported on the Gulf coast.
- NOLA.com Oilpocalypse news in and around New Orleans, courtesy of Limelite
From Kossak limelite, the following links may prove useful.
- The BP Deepwater Horizon Unified Command official website. Wherein you can read latest post warning of employment scams associated with the event and much more from the folks handling this. Timeline of response here.
- Department of Energy BP Deepwater Horizon Spill site updates.
- Bit Tooth Energy blog (technical discussions) by the famed Heading Out, well known key poster on The Oil Drum blog site.
- Department of Interior BP Deepwater Horizon Response site provides updates, reports, data, links to pictures, etc.
- Rigzone for specific disaster news and news about the offshore industry, in general.
Timeline of the Event from April 20th being maintained by blogroots.
ROV Daily schedule - PLEASE VOLUNTEER BELOW! Even if you've never done this, it's super easy. We have the templates ready to go for email, and can help assist with any questions!
ROV #34 - OpMama
ROV #35 - conchita
Overnight ROV (number unknown) - alkalinesky (after 10PM MT)