Please rec the new Mothership #41 here. This one has expired
The current ROV DIARY: Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #177 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / Peraspera
- We take volunteers for subsequent diaries in the sub diaries or ROV's as we have playfully coined them.
- Please rec this mothership diary, not the ROVs.
- Please be kind to fellow kossacks who may have limited bandwidth and refrain from posting images or videos.
PLEASE visit Crashing Vor and Pam LaPier's diaries to find out how you can help the Gulf now and in the future. We don't have to be idle! And thanks to Crashing Vor and Pam LaPier for working on this!
To repeat: please refrain from commenting in this mothership diary - it only serves to point people in the right direction.
Deepwater Horizon BP Oil Spill Reference Material - from Whitis is the best source for everything.. The quantitative data diary has also been moved there.
Kossak Sillia gives a concise explanation of the mothership and liveblog:
This diary, that is, the mothership, forms the hub from which you can reach the other diaries. Or, think of it as a table of contents in the front page of a book. You use this diary to find a link to the latest discussions. You can also find links here to past discussions (previous diaries) if you wanted to read them.
The actual liveblog diaries (in this case playfully referred to as a 'submersible' or ROV) is where the discussion is--once one of these gets so long that its size is cumbersome, they start a new one. So if you wanted to join in to the most current discussion, you'd click the most recent link. But they leave the links there so that people can still go back and read the older ones if they wish.
The reason for this setup is that it prevents the recommended list from being filled up with many diaries on the same topic. Instead just the mothership will appear on the rec list where everybody can find it, which they can use to navigate to the latest discussion. (That's why we are asked to "rec" the mothership but not the other diaries, just reduces confusion.)
I hope this is sort of what you were wanting to know...
The best multi-view feed
BP Video Feed
CNN multi camera view
PBS This PBS feed is security compliant.
BP videos - Links to all available live feeds from BP
WKRG - Mobile/Pensacola (contains link for an iPhone app at the bottom)
A multi-view with feeds from BP, C-SPAN-2, WKRG, and PBS
Vote For America's awesome clickable multi-view
Courtesy of Whitis, here are two additional video links:
Links, courtesy of several Kossacks
- Summarized tally of affected wildlife
- Visualize the spill
- h/t dov12348's recommended links
- The Oil Drum
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Offshore Magazine
- Petroleum News
- Your Oil and Gas News
- World Oil
- Administration response to spill.
- Donate to SkyTruth here. SkyTruth helps environmental NGOs use remote sensing (pictures taken from space) and digital mapping to improve their scientific credibility, conservation decisionmaking, communications and public outreach.
- Images of the Oilpacalypse, from Tomtech.
- Visit the Oil Spill Crisis Map to see where oil, mousse, tar balls, and eau de crude have been reported on the Gulf coast.
- The BP Deepwater Horizon Unified Command official website. Wherein you can read latest post warning of employment scams associated with the event and much more from the folks handling this.
- Timeline of response here.
- Timeline of the Event from April 20th being maintained by blogroots.
- Bit Tooth Energy blog (technical discussions) by the famed Heading Out, well known key poster on The Oil Drum blog site.
- Department of Interior BP Deepwater Horizon Response site provides updates, reports, data, links to pictures, etc.
- Rigzone for specific disaster news and news about the offshore industry, in general.
Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #177 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / Peraspera
Gulf Watchers ROV #176 TomTech
Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #175 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - We Want Change
Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #174 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / Peraspera
Gulf Watchers ROV # 173 - Special 4th Of July Crabbing Edition - Khowell/Pam LaPier
Gulf Watchers ROV # 172 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Pam LaPier
Gulf Watchers ROV # 171 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - David PA
Gulf Watchers ROV # 170 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe -Yasuragi
Gulf Watchers ROV # 169 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / Peraspera
Gulf Watchers ROV # 168 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - CindyMax
Gulf Watchers ROV # 167 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Lorinda Pike
Gulf Watchers ROV # 166 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Tomtech
Gulf Watchers ROV # 165 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Yawnimawk
Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #164 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Darryl House
Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #163 - On Bearing Witness - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Yasuragi
Gulf Watchers ROV # 162 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe A Small Cottage Edition - GulfGal98
Gulf Watchers ROV # 161 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / peraspera
Gulf Watchers ROV # 160 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - David PA
Gulf Watchers ROV # 159 - Yasuragi
Gulf Watchers ROV # 158 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Politik
Gulf Watchers ROV # 157 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight / Dave PA
Gulf Watchers ROV # 156 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - bubbanomics
Gulf Watchers ROV # 155 - Darryl House
Gulf Watchers ROV # 154 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Hester
Gulf Watchers ROV # 153 - BP's Gulf Catastrophe - Gulf Watchers Overnight
Gulf Watchers ROV #152, John Muir Edition - David Kroning II
Gulf Watchers Liveblog ROV 151 - gchaucer2
Previous motherships and ROV's from this extensive live blog effort may be found here.