The reason why Obama and the Democrats haven't communicated with the American public effectively is because the Democrats have no talking points.
Democrats never repeat the same message over and over. We aren't a well oiled talking points machine. The points need to be simple and repeated over and over by every democrat. They can't be to detailed, people are not interested in details. Here is a list of 5 simple phrases every democrat needs to repeat every 5 min until election day.
- The reason why the economy is in a hole is because of DEMAND , it has nothing to do with taxes on small businesses. The deregulation of the financial system by the republicans has bankrupted the American private sector.
- Healthcare spending is the biggest contributor to bigger deficits in the future. The reason we passed the healthcare bill was to try and lower the deficit.
- The stimulus was something Democrats were forced to do. The DOW was at 6000 in Nov 2008 and credit was frozen. Democrats are not a tax and spend party but a party that cares for the welfare of the country.
- Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and we added trillions to the deficit fighting the useless war in Iraq.
- We care about the middle class.