Okay here's the deal - the diaries in the Support Sestak series have been averaging comments in the teens. That's not bad, per se - and in fact I've been thrilled and motivated to hear from such enthusiastic Sestak supporters. However, I think we can do better.
I've got a lot of personal obligations during the weekends in October - which means I can't spend as much time as I'd like doing my GOTV activity of choice, canvassing. I would like to make up for it by doing phone calls, and think that you all can help me with a little extra motivation. :-)
To that end, every comment that this diary gets (including my own) I will match by doing 5 minutes worth of calling for Sestak next week.
Head over the fold to enter the challenge --- and to find out ways you can directly help GOTV!
That's right - every comment left here gets me on the phone with voters for 5 mins. next week talking about how awesome Joe Sestak is and how awful Pat Toomey is (at least, until we hit 30 comments). Each user gets an unlimited number of entries/comments. :-)
Anyone who wants to make a similar or complementary pledge, (maybe you want to do the same, sponsor the next 30 comments, or pledge to make calls for your candidate of choice) feel free to leave a comment! I'd love it if this diary could mobilize more than just me!
(No this isn't just because Friday is a slow news day or because I have to be on the road ASAP. Not "just," anyway.)
If you're hankering to get directly involved, without the shenanigans of a diary contest, here's a list of ways to help put Sestak over the top, no matter where you live:
- Donate (I set up a new ActBlue page, it seems to me this series ought to be able to get at least 50 contributors - my email - feel free to cut-and-paste - got us several new donors!)
- Canvass --- getting out the vote is critical. You can also go to their contact us page --- they just opened four new offices!
- Send email (link takes you to the diary yesterday with a template) or call or talk in person with those you know in Pennsylvania about this race.
- Go to go.joesestak.com (GoJoe for short) create an account, and look for ways to get involved.
- And, if you are in Pennsylvania, plan to vote, and bring as many people with you as possible.
Other diaries in the series:
#16 - New ad says Toomey=Santorum (w/VIDEO)
#15 - Sestak pummels Toomey on economy (w/VIDEO)
#14 - Pushing Obama on Afghanistan, and October debates!
#13 - GoJoe site is back and today is voter reg deadline!
#12 - The narrative begins to change.
#11 - Matching funds until tonight! And, Sestak in his own words.
#10 - New Poll, We're Gaining Ground!
#9 - Toomey's outlandish beliefs on parade
#8 - Knocking on doors in Pittsburgh this past weekend
#7 - The Admirable Admiral weighs in on tax cuts.
#6 - Sestak v. Toomey on crime
#5 - Mobilizing Pennsylvania's Progressives
#4 - Why is dKos advertising for a Tea Party Republican?!
#3 - Obama's other engagement today
#2 - Lies, Damn Lies, and Pat Toomey's ads.
#1 - Let's do better than the teabaggers in DE. Seriously, people, fight for it.
Thanks for reading, and make sure to check in on Monday for a final tally and to see what the weekend brings in this incredibly important contest.