The pressure's on here at McVirgo Manor. Only 13 days left, and still, I got nuthin'.
McDoc and I just sent out the invites for our second annual
shit, now we really have to clean the house! Halloween party. We let our guests know that costumes are encouraged, but not required. As the hosts, though, I think we have a certain increased obligation to get into the holiday spirit.
Trouble is, I'm at a loss for a clever costume idea! So I figured it couldn't hurt to open the floor to suggestions from the kossack braintrust. And though it goes against current trends, let's keep it relatively clean, shall we?
Here's what we did last year:
In Octobers past, I've also been an angel, a pootie, and (in a brilliant stroke of spousal closet raiding) a doctor. Yawn!
So, lemme know if you have inspiration to spare! Oh, and I'm especially interested in ideas that can be done on the cheap. That means Lady Gaga is right out, most likely!
I wouldn't mind doing this ...but it just wouldn't have the same impact without the 6-foot-tall guy underneath, methinks!
And now, a word from our sponsor:
Here at Top Comments, we round up some of the Daily Kos' best, funniest, most mojo'd and most informative commentary and format it for your reading pleasure every night. We depend on your help with talent spotting! If you see a comment that deserves recognition, please send it to topcomments at teh gmail by 9:30pm Eastern.
Items to include with your nomination:
- A few words about why you sent it in
- Your user name, so we can credit you with the find
- A link to the comment itself (right-click the timestamp and copy the link)
- It's also nice if you reply to the comment and let the commenter know you're you're nominating it, so they can tune in and see their name in bold!
Thanks very much for your help! The TC team couldn't do it without you! :)
understandinglife's comment will make you say, "Amen!" or "Ramen!" depending on your religious convictions.
From jlms qkw:
Meet commonmass, the eternal optimist!
From renzo capetti with an assist from Jan F:
Note: renzo capetti left this comment.
(Editor's note: Jan F, please report to the TC office to receive your punishment: 10 lashes with a wet noodle and a big ol' cuddle from the furry critter of your choice!)
In askew's Angle's Latest Outrage "Some of You Look A Little More Asian to Me", mellowinman, who's 100% Scottish but nevertheless often been mistaken for Hispanic, tells a tale of mistaken ethnicity.
From yours truly, virgomusic:
Giles Goat Boy kicks off a hilarious thread concerning the rights of microscopic Americans.
Thanks to brillig for her inspiring Top Mojo skillz!
Top 30 (plus ties) Comments excluding tip jars, first comments and stuff:
1) Photo. Thugs standing over handcuffed journalist by FishOutofWater — 174
2) Miller's Goon Squad by Lefty Coaster — 94
3) Can I haz stormtroopers? by grannyhelen — 93
4) I read that quote, and immediately thought by Badabing — 92
5) This is an extremely disturbing development by Scott McAdams — 86
6) Not sure private security can tell someone by leawood — 84
7) The comments on the Alaska Dispatch by Siri — 83
8) Who does Miller think he is? by jarotra — 82
9) Justice Alito says he's gonna pass on President by marabout40 — 81
10) Good report. by TomP — 81
11) T&R'd by jan4insight — 79
12) unlawful restraint. by UntimelyRippd — 75
13) I was wondering that myself. Are these guys by voracious — 74
14) This is what the Tea Party is made up of by Putnam Rocks — 74
15) I hope he presses charges by Frederick Clarkson — 72
16) if they were by Mnemosyne — 71
17) All together now, in iambic pentameter: by Lorinda Pike — 70
18) Gross generalizations of a large # of people by FishOutofWater — 69
19) Pure thuggery! by War on Error — 68
20) Not on this issue, LaneJ. This is why this is by Badabing — 68
21) Your best diary evavvvvvvv bobs. outstanding. by Badabing — 67
22) If Even Remotely True This by webranding — 67
23) he ought to press charges. by G2geek — 66
24) A blog post Fri. on CNBC by sceptical observer — 66
25) Sounds an awful lot like by Cuseology — 65
26) Apparently Miller also, when asked about by Susan G in MN — 65
27) Tremendous story. I hadn't heard of this by joan reports — 64
28) Woke up this morning to some reporter on by marabout40 — 64
29) She is such an ignorant by TomP — 61
30) But nooooo, it's Obama who wants to use FEMA by weatherdude — 60
31) Please Excuse my typo: McAdams by Lefty Coaster — 60
Top 30 Comments with no exclusions, aka the Tip Jar & Pooties list :-):
1) Tip Jar by Deep Harm — 463
2) Help Adams get his message across by Lefty Coaster — 353
3) Tip Jar by jmknapp — 335
4) Tip Jar by Troubadour — 327
5) Tip Jar by TarrylClark — 316
6) Tip Jar by AnnetteK — 306
7) Tip Jar by Scott McAdams — 305
8) Tip Jar by bobswern — 304
9) Tip Jar by MinistryOfTruth — 281
10) Tip Jar by FishOutofWater — 273
11) Tip Jar by slinkerwink — 257
12) Tip Jar by TomP — 229
13) Tip Jar by Philip Munger — 228
14) Tip Jar by Forrest Brown — 197
15) Tip Jar by askew — 194
16) GOTV, GOTV, And GOTV by JekyllnHyde — 183
17) Photo. Thugs standing over handcuffed journalist by FishOutofWater — 174
18) Tip Jar by Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse — 170
19) Tip Jar by The Nephew — 161
20) Tip Jar by jpmassar — 133
21) Tip Jar by blackwaterdog — 105
22) Miller's Goon Squad by Lefty Coaster — 94
23) Can I haz stormtroopers? by grannyhelen — 93
24) I read that quote, and immediately thought by Badabing — 92
25) This is an extremely disturbing development by Scott McAdams — 86
26) Tip Jar by AAbshier — 84
27) Not sure private security can tell someone by leawood — 84
28) The comments on the Alaska Dispatch by Siri — 83
29) Tip Jar by James Kroeger — 83
30) Who does Miller think he is? by jarotra — 82