I don't have a beef with your fight against Cenk. But you too are missing some points which I outlined below.
Before you get upset have a read about what Krugman wrote about Obama today
More and more, it’s becoming clear that progressives who had their hearts set on Obama were engaged in a huge act of self-delusion. Once you got past the soaring rhetoric you noticed, if you actually paid attention to what he said, that he largely accepted the conservative storyline, a view of the world, including a mythological history, that bears little resemblance to the facts.
- Obama got elected with the highest mandate a first time president has in generations.
- Obama had significant majorities in the house and the Senate. Yes many blue dogs, many Bart Stupaks and Liebermans. Even without the COnservadems the Dems had significant majorities.
- Obama got elected at a time when people hated Wall Street. Yet he appointed Tim Geithner and Larry Summers as his main economic policy advisors. In case you don't know where they were during the economic meltdown please click here
- Obama promised to:
a) Close Guantanamo and restore habeas corpus.
b) fight insurance companies, not just limit them. Instead, he allowed Max Baucus's committee to stall the public option while giving insurance companies time to organize with the republican message machine. He campaigned against mandates.
- Obama failed to prosecute torture, illegal wireless wiretapping and crimes taken place at the DOJ under Alberto Gonzales.
6. Obama delayed raising the taxes of the rich in his first year. Why? Now he's caving again and won't raise them this year either.
Taken together it is pretty clear that Obama has failed to lead and fight a decimated republican party. He caved to their obstructionism. He gave Chuck Grassley time. Give me a break!
I am glad you max'd out for Obama, but there are some of us who knocked doors for him from frozen Iowa and beyond.
President Obama is governing with a lot of fear and no audacity. Which is why I am starting to believe Krugman and other reasoned liberals opposing him.