We went to watch the fireworks in downtown Memphis with some friends to celebrate July 4th, my first as it happens, as an American citizen. To my husband's eternal annoyance, I brought the camera and took a few pictures. He accuses me rightly of sometimes spending more time looking for a good picture than being in the moment and enjoying the scenery. He has a piont. Here are a few shots.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
fcvaguy, PeterHug, blueyedace2, wild hair, Senor Unoball, ajr111240, ItsSimpleSimon, mama jo, JayinPortland
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by undercovercalico
- Having reached the grand old age of 63, I find myself taking stock of my life. 63 is like 200 in hippie years. I've become an old man, something I never really saw coming. I never thought I'd make ...48 comments 116 Recs
- A father writes a heartfelt letter to his estranged daughter. She is clearly the most important thing in his life, the reason, really, that he lives. Why won't she have anything to do with him? ...11 comments 23 Recs
- Here we go again. "Researchers" trying to show that a pseudoscientific concept is real medicine, but failing so badly that only true believers would qualify it as real "evidence." In this case, ...83 comments 31 Recs
- There is an invisible strength within us; when it recognizes two opposing objects of desire, it grows stronger.~Rumi Good evening and welcome to Monday Group Meditation, we will be sitting from ...31 comments 12 Recs
- It's become pretty common, among a certain set of people, to blame those who are dealing with poverty, lingering joblessness, limited education and a ...41 comments 126 Recs
- From Huffington Post . Rob Bliss of Rob Bliss Creative makes viral videos for a living and decided to use his craft to shine a light on street harassment, a pervasive issue affecting females ...557 comments 302 Recs
- The 2014-15 flu season is upon us, and that means it's flu vaccine time again. Despite the availability of several flu vaccines, ...39 comments 29 Recs
- I have spent a lot of time trying to understand why class and poverty have become things that Americans just don't talk about as basic social issues. This was an important discussion during the new ...33 comments 29 Recs
- Among the of current links of interest are Suggested Links between discrimination and suicide attempts by transgender people , which delves into a Williams Institute study from much earlier in the ...17 comments 39 Recs
- Winning the Flu Fight! Why get a flu shot? Protect yourself and family : The flu is more serious than the common cold, so do everything you can to prevent it . A flu shot (or nasal spray) is your ...23 comments 18 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.