Short Diary. Yesterday, I heard President Obama's statement about the suspension of debt ceiling talks. He included this quote: "We then offered an additional $650 billion in cuts to entitlement programs — Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security." Any corporate media talking head or right wing Republican who has used the term "entitlement" to describe Social Security is astoundingly dishonest enough (that's like calling your 401K plan an entitlement program) but to hear Barack Obama try to pave the way for the theft of cash payroll deductions to fund tax cuts for billionaires by engaging in this type of flippant propaganda is mortifying. I gave up on this guy a long time ago, any of you still trying to rationalize his behavior will have yet another kick in the teeth to explain away. Good luck.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
sphealey, Farugia, davidincleveland, chimene, yoduuuh do or do not, politicjock, jazzbuff, Maverick80229, miningcityguy, Real Fact Bias
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by normcash
- I will be 65 in a few years.... My wife 10 years after that... I am extremely furious that Obama or anyone else wants to screw around with SS, Medicare or Medicaid for WHATEVER reason, especially ...223 comments 268 Recs
- This is a short diary. It doesn't need to be very long. It should make it pretty obvious to all but the most gullible dullard as to what is really happening to the financial structure of this ...59 comments 18 Recs
- Any one of the facts on this list would have doomed Barack Obama. When the inevitable post election yammering begins that "liberal media bias" played a prominent role in this campaign and the media ...13 comments 19 Recs
- It was inevitable. James Taranto of WSJ knows that the current market crisis is an albatross around John McCain's neck. Today, he tried his best to deflect attention to the Democratic Party's vote ...522 comments 1422 Recs
- We are out here - the Republicans or ex-Republicans who will no longer tolerate the racist, despicable slime machine that the right wing and the John McCain-Sarah Palin campaign has become. I know, ...754 comments 1721 Recs
- Look at this picture: "On the streets or at the stadium, tears of the people", from www.repubblica.it ...320 comments 894 Recs
- I first became aware of Pete Stark shortly after the invasion of Iraq. These were heady days of mainstream media manufactured euphoria in which few Americans were even thinking about the long term ...263 comments 411 Recs
- 274 comments 278 Recs
- 54 comments 47 Recs
- I have waded through countless impeachment diaries in the last weeks, months and years and I have always been struck by the remarkable disconnect between the wonderfully idealistic yet completely ...91 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.