According to the Miami New Times, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) penned "the dumbest thing ever written on congressional stationery" when he sent this one-word ("NUTS") letter to a local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). CAIR wrote to Rep West about his ties to radical anti-Islamic rabblerousers, arguing for their basic American constitutional right to be "afforded equal protection under law" and "to worship freely or participate in the governing of our society."BoingBoing.net
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Karl Rover
- The idiot climate denialist website http://wattsupwiththat.com, run by the idiot climate denialist Anthony Watts , is fond of running graphs proclaiming NO GLOBAL WARMING FOR ‘XX’ YEARS ‘X’ ...10 comments 21 Recs
- Click to enlarge. A Pew survey ...16 comments 25 Recs
- And so it goes. Same as it ever was. And I'm not simply talking about police officers getting away with killing (mostly) young black men but the incessant nitpicking of each and every case ...41 comments 104 Recs
- Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.40 comments 117 Recs
- Recently obtained documents from the Cleveland Police Department, displayed below, show that Tamir Rice was going to be charged with the outrageous crimes of "aggravated menacing" and "inducing ...483 comments 235 Recs
- Texas Sen. John Cornyn, right, with Sen. Ted ...54 comments 129 Recs
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...317 comments 434 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 287 Recs
- Today, teachers around the state of Washington held a walkout to protest lack of funding, class.sizes, etc. But rather than take an unbiased view, this is what the Seattle Times op-ed had to say ...10 comments 14 Recs
- Wired put together a very interesting piece on the renewable energy company Vortex . They are now field testing bladeless wind energy turbines.157 comments 271 Recs
Karl Rover's Tags
- No current results.
Karl Rover's Blogroll
- No current results.