In June of 2009 a kossacks chess tournament was organized. Although the tourney was held on several different websites, many of us played on chess.com. It's free. We formed a group on this website called Kossacks. After the 2009 tournament was over this group was inactive for the next two years. This summer a small group of us became active again. Although we are playing in a small tourney among ourselves, our main activity is to play as a team against other teams in team matches. We are currently about halfway through our first two matches and as you can see if you followed the link, the war is not going well. We need reinforcements. Although it's too late to enter these battles, there are more to come. There are currently 97 Kossacks, but only about 10 of us are active. A thin orange line to hold off the hordes. Join us.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by rmonroe
- I’m in a rage right now. Washington is not playing political games. They are destroying our country and our people. America is a world leader in child hunger, poverty, and homelessness. We are ...28 comments 64 Recs
- It is completely counter-intuitive to turn in to suffering. In fact, most people spend their entire lives trying to aim for pleasure and avoid suffering. The problem with that strategy is that ...49 comments 25 Recs
- New hashtag promoted by the Baltimore Police Union What in the world? After six Baltimore police officers were arrested on felony charges in ...125 comments 126 Recs
- Besides standing up against Trade Deals that end up exporting American Jobs; Besides calling for more equitable Tax rates on the Wealthy, that will reduce the dangerous and growing gaps in Income ...158 comments 191 Recs
- Almost every day on Facebook, Twitter, or some other social media, I see a conservative ranting away with how the Republican Party is the party of, ahem, “good Christian values” Often ...247 comments 262 Recs
- 83 comments 189 Recs
- Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:327 comments 415 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.663 comments 343 Recs
- The Washington Post has published a report based on a leaked document . We don't know who leaked it to them. In it, a prisoner who was placed in the police van some time after Freddie Gray was ...78 comments 93 Recs
- So, we have 'white riots' ( because we lost the game ), and 'black riots' ( because we're losing our lives ). Guess which riots national and mainstream media choose to demonize? ...93 comments 284 Recs
- No current results.