In June of 2009 a kossacks chess tournament was organized. Although the tourney was held on several different websites, many of us played on chess.com. It's free. We formed a group on this website called Kossacks. After the 2009 tournament was over this group was inactive for the next two years. This summer a small group of us became active again. Although we are playing in a small tourney among ourselves, our main activity is to play as a team against other teams in matches. To my surprise I discovered that the Tea Party actually has a chess team. lol. So do the Republicans. And these guys. We have challenged all three to a duel. Now the tea party foolishly have public forums so that anyone can post on them. Someone like me. After reading their forums I kinda got the idea that they don't like people like us too much so I posted this in their forum after I sent them a challenge.
Hello tea baggers. We would have found you sooner but we didn't think any tea bags even knew how to play chess. We always thought that checkers was more your speed. Have you ever heard of the Daily Kos liberal blog? We are the Kossacks. You have been challenged to a duel. Of course we will understand if you decline. You should FEAR us.
The pee bags have foolishly accepted our challenge. It's on !!!
We are starting to form our battle line. They aren't about shit. I expect they're combing Red State right now looking for chess players. Good luck with that. So far they haven't lined up a singe player. If you can play chess, join us. Help us teach them to respect their betters. These are rated games so our highest rated player will face their highest. Our second highest against against theirs ect. When you play your first game on chess.com you will be unrated. The default rating is 1200. But that's OK because in a match unrated players are like wild cards. I am always uneasy facing an unrated player because they are unknowns. We have two, count 'em, two Masters on our team. Those silly bastards have no idea what's coming. Forming the battle lines will go on for several days, if not weeks. Both sides will line up until they can't get anyone else. If one side has more people then some of them won't get to play. So I am on a recruitment drive. I will try to make it as simple as I can because it can get confusing.
1. Click on chess.com to go the the site's Homepage. Click on register in the top right corner and do the username/password routine. After you are registered, log in. Click on groups on the tool bar at the top of the page. Click on All Groups and Teams. Do a search for kossacks. If you get lost, come back here and use this link. If you do search you will see two groups show up. We control both of them. You are welcome to join both. The big battles take place in the big group, small skirmishes in the small. Join the big one first. Click on it.
2. This will take you to our Homepage. Make sure you are sighed in. In the upper left hand corner click on Join Group. You will have to be approved by an administrator but I am one. No problem.
3. After you have been approved, sign in to chess.com and on the top toolbar click on Groups. Scroll down to the last one and click on My Groups and Teams. A list of all your groups and teams will come up. Click on Kossacks.
4. Go to the Group Menu on the right and click on Team Matches. It's the first one.
5. This will take you to a page with a list of all our team matches, the ones already underway,the groups we have challenged and the groups that we have challenged or been challenged by.
6. Then one at the top of the page is the one you want. The name of this match is Liberals vs Tea Party. Click on View at the right.
7. On this page you will see us lining up against each other. Click on Join Match at the bottom. You will be put in the lineup.
8. You will get an email at the address you registered with when the match starts. Now that wasn't so bad was it? It gets easier.
If you can play chess, come and help us show these sumbitches how we do things downtown.