This will be short. One of my favorite reporters Andrew Kroll has released a new article about Rick Perry and his use of the Texas Teacher Retirement System as a tool to reward contributors to his campaign. He has rewarded his cronies with board appointments and in turn has pressured to fund to make questionable investments in his cronies' business interests. It serves to illustrate two points. The first is obvious: Perry is about the money not ideology. His actions are those of an opportunist and his ideological fervor is an act. Secondly, his attack on the Social Security System in my opinion is an attempt to gain control of retirement money to further his crony capitalism style. Retirement and health care serve as the modern gold rush. Perry has gotten rich off these schemes and the powerful interests behind him are experts at using puppets like Perry to further their money and power grabs.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by pantherchap
- They deserve better. Charter schools benefit from a massive double standard, taking public money without being subject to the regulations or oversight applied to traditional public schools. That ...62 comments 56 Recs
- While it is truly hard to keep up with the sheer amount of graft , giveaways , turning of blind eyes , and special favors ...54 comments 202 Recs
- In a campaign email to supporters Tuesday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced he would reveal "exciting future plans" next Monday in San Antonio. But if Gov. Perry is planning to pass up a fourth ...52 comments 33 Recs
- If you're on this site and reading this diary, then you know all the updates and all the advertisers who have abandoned the blowhard, Rush Limbaugh. But one point that many have been overlooked is ...75 comments 141 Recs
- Half a year after the showdown in Wisconsin began, it is clear that the war is broadening and intensifying. I just got my coattail pulled to the latest attacks on public schools and teachers rolling ...128 comments 339 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.