The Most Popular One At 'We The People' Isn't Mine!
Marijuana Legalization: 51,800+ signatures.
Estimated revenue from Marijuana Legalization: $10 billion/yr.
This One Is Mine!
Ending the War in Afghanistan: 81 signatures. sign it here.
Estimated savings from not fighting in Afghanistan: $100 billion/yr and many lives.
And SIGN THESE F%%%ING Petitions Too, Kos! (The ones you agree with, of course) They're all sponsored by... drumroll please ... Kossacks!.
- Stop the Death Penalty Now in Memory of Troy Davis
- Make Social Security solvent without cutting benefits or raising the retirement age.
- Issue an Executive Order barring discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation for federal contractors.
- Abolish the death penalty.
- Ask Congress to increase the age limit to 30 for young adults to stay on their parents' health insurance.
- Adopt the Progressive Caucus Peoples' Budget
- Create a program to assume the mortgage debt of homeowners who are underwater, allowing them to sell their homes.
- Create a Victory Garden 2.0 Initiative to tour the USA and showcase home veggie gardens and community gardens.
- Demand that Congress identify all legislative text that was drafted by industry lobbyists rather than elected officials.
- Save the Postal Service
- Listen to educators & parents not billionaires who stand to profit from education "reform"
- Propose and initiate a financial transaction tax
- Increase the minimum wage.
- Investigate George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for war crimes.
- Use the EPA to crack down on CO2. Utilities will borrow from banks (with $ trillions of QE cash) to create green jobs.
- Get out of Iraq completely
- Allow every American Citizen the right to directly purchase Medicare or Medicaid health care coverage as a public option.
- Press for a full federal investigation of mortgage fraud before any settlement is made.
And what about #OccupyWallStreet?
Sign these F**ING OccupyWallStreet related petitions, Kos.
If the President and his Administration are going to issue a formal response as to whether space aliens are engaging the human race, shouldn't he and his be responding to our concerns as well? Let's get more of these petitions over the 150 signature threshold so the world can sign them.
Please sign any of the petitions I've noted above that you agree with, and scan through the visible petitions at the site for other solid, progressive ones that you would like to see answered.
If you'd like some background on 'We The People' and the effort to get petitions signed, check out the diaries published to the group Kossack Initiated White House Petitions. And/or take a look here: How to Organize: The Top Ten Petitions at 'We The People' and The White House Says "No Mas!".