Okay, short diary, just to let you know what is going on.
So I am on the bus heading to Boston. I'm guessing I will be there around 3pm or so.
My laptop only has 30 min of battery, so I am going to try to respond to comments while I can while checking my email.
I think the message of #OccupyWallStreet is pretty clear. We are exposing the corrupt for who they are, they are exposing themselves by attacking us. We are changing the conversation in America to address the concerns of the many over the needs of the few wealthiest among us, but that is just the start. We have NO demands, yet. That will come soon enough, but first we must make the strong case for why we occupy, why we feel the need to fight for our futures and our families and our homes and good paying jobs. The special interests are hammering everyone from every angle, our politicians don't act in the best interests of the public, only the private special interests, our economy is corrupt and broken and it is time to take a non violent stand. This is my message for the day. We all need to speak up, lest we all become silenced.
I will try to update as much as I can as chance allows, and I will be taking a ton of pics and video in order to share later.
Wish me luck.
So hello Boston, I'm looking forward to this, as I am looking forward to the rest of my road trip. My updated schedule is below the fold, and I wish each and everyone of you peace and love to you and yours.
Oct Friday 21 NYC
Oct Sat 22 - Madison, Wisconsin
Oct Sun 23 & Mon 24 - Seattle, Washington
Oct Tues 25 & Weds 26 - Denver, Colorado
Oct Thurs 27 - Chicago, Illinois
Oct Fri 28 & Sat 29 - Washington D.C.
For more info
1. Get this message out there. Get the word out about these protests of Wall Street's greed to everyone you know. Raise awareness, even if it is via word of mouth, every little bit helps.
2. Use the twitter hashtags #OccupyWallStreet and follow us on facebook and twitter accounts related to the ongoing protests. Help put this video on your facebook pageand any other social media that you use. Make it viral.
3. Make a donation to WeAreTheOther99%'s media fund. They need funding to stay active, and without huge corporate interests backing us up like the Teabaggers have, the only way this works is with your small donations.
5. To send care packages to Liberty Square, go to OccupyWallSt.org for more information. WE NEED WATER.
Info from http://occupywallst.org/
The UPS Store
Re: Occupy Wall Street
118A Fulton St. #205
New York, NY 10038
Money orders only please, cannot cash checks yet. Non-perishable goods only. We can accept packages of any size. We're currently low on food and water.
6. Find out if there will be an #Occupation event in your neighborhood and participate and contribute there if you can't come to NYC.
7. Be a better person to your brothers and sisters around you.
Here is a short interview I did a few days ago. The other speaker in the video is my brother Ryan. Hope you enjoy!
You can follow me on the series of tubes they call Twitter @JesseLaGreca