- Today's comic is Cartoonists' Thanksgiving by Mark Fiore:
- For over 60 articles a day on Occupy Wall Street, follow the Occupy Wall Street group and the Occupy Wall Street tag right here on Daily Kos.
- Calling all crafters! The 3rd annual Netroots Nation Holiday Bazaar is Thursday, Dec. 1 through Tuesday, Dec. 6. Upload your donations directly to the Holiday Bazaar auction site or send them to Karen Kolber at karen at netroots nation dot org. All proceeds benefit Netroots Nation.
- Turkey does not make you sleepy. But go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel better about overeating.
- Yes, Pat Robertson. Mac and cheese is totally a black thing. As such, it was a little-noticed civil rights advance when Kraft introduced its mac and cheese in 1937.
Either that or mac and cheese is a widely popular dish eaten by many white people. But who am I to question Pat Robertson?
- After high school student Emma Sullivan jokingly tweeted that she had told Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback that he sucked, his office complained:
Sullivan says things developed quickly: She landed in the principal’s office for a scolding that lasted nearly an hour. She says she was told the “not so nice” comments had embarrassed her school and the district and that “damage control” with the governor’s office was the next step.
So Shawnee Mission East is forcing her to write an apology to the governor’s office, with the principal even giving her talking points to hit.
That is some thin gubernatorial skin and a pretty craven principal, right there.
- Jon Huntsman is proposing to crack down on too big to fail.
- Some tips for surviving Thanksgiving dinner. Also more here.
- The rise and fall of turkey pricing.
- If you are of the view that egg nog is for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas, I give you perhaps the greatest egg nog recipe ever.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Laura Clawson
- The media are more interested in ...297 comments 307 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 266 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 295 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- To give voice to 35 workers killed on the job over the past 35 years at a massive refinery in Texas City, hundreds of surviving family members, co-workers and friends gathered there last month to ...4 comments 19 Recs
- Like many, I am watching the terrible events in Baltimore play out, and am also following the very disturbing details of Freddie Gray's death as they are revealed. I'm writing tonight because the ...115 comments 164 Recs
- Watching the discussion around the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) gives me a nasty sense of déjà vu. Long before joining AFGE, I worked as a food service worker, licensed practical nurse, and ...178 comments 209 Recs
- Americans across the political spectrum need to rise up and stop Fast Track now! The good news is that overwhelmingly House Democrats will vote No! The bad news is that lined up against them, and ...4 comments 14 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...60 comments 222 Recs
- This is no plea for pity for corporate kingpins like Walmart and McDonald’s inundated by workers’ demands for living wages. Raises would, of course, cost these billion-dollar corporations ...7 comments 20 Recs