That's right!! What follows is a quick dairy to share the straight dope on the findings of a new ABC poll that shows the GOP tax fight is elevating Obama in the eyes of the public and further lowering the standing of cons. Check these facts without my editorials:
1. Obama’s job-approval rating is now its highest since March, excluding a temporary bump after the killing of Osama bin Laden: Forty-nine percent approve, and 47 percent disapprove.
2. Obama’s job-approval ratings are showing signs of improvement — a crucial indicator of his reelection chances as he positions himself to seek a second term.
3. His overall performance have recovered among key groups, including independents, young adults and seniors.
4. The public’s opinion of Republicans in Congress has continued to deteriorate.
5. The president [is] in a position to benefit politically from his standoff with the GOP-led House over extending the payroll tax cut.
6. Obama has regained an advantage over Republicans in Congress when it comes to protecting the middle class.
7. 50 percent say they trust Obama on this issue, compared with 35 percent who choose the GOP — a major change from last month, when the two sides were more evenly matched on the question.
I guess we can call this Obama's Boehner bump.