- Laura Clawson will be on Ring of Fire radio this weekend. Check here for stations and times and here for streaming.
- Joan McCarter discussed politics with conservative Conn Carroll:
- Linsanity! is fun but it is worth thinking about how it reflects on our race issues.
- What's coming up on Sunday Kos ...
- Rick Santorum is an unproven theory, by Hunter
- Watching the polls in the race for the White House—hat a difference a few months makes, by Steve Singiser
- Federalism, the Affordable Care Act ... and contraception, by DemFromCT
- Rep. Steve King and the scary lightbulbs of scary doom, by Hunter
- Republicans undiscover fire, by Mark Sumner
- My ribbon is red: Planned Parenthood fights HIV/AIDS, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Breaking Faith With Progressive Values: E.J. Dionne and Bob Jones, by Armando
- Greg Sargent writes about the birth control contratemps, arguing that "this very well may become a wedge issue—against Republicans." It could, but it will never be THIS Democratic Party's strategy to make it one. The crouch to avoid being punched is still the posture of choice for Democratic strategists. It is inconceivable to me that Democrats will go on offense on the issue of women's rights. They never have.
- Related: Igor Volsky reports that GOP Ups The Ante, Introduces Legislation To Allow Any Employer To Deny Any Preventive Health Service.
- A blog post I wish was must reading for some of the bank fraudsters, Jeralyn Merrit on the 12 best federal prisons in which to serve time.
- The Great Charles Pierce (that's his legal name now) argues that, on the contraception accommodation:
The Church has claimed — and the president has tacitly accepted — the right to deny even its employees of other faiths the health-care services of which it doesn't approve on strictly doctrinal grounds. That is not an issue of "religious liberty." That's the enshrinement of religious thuggery in the secular law.Scott Lemieux demurs, arguing that Actually, He Stepped Aside and Let the Bishops Jump Into the Empty Pool.
I think for the Obama political team, this is less a "home run or double play" question, and more of a "let's not fuck this election up, we are going to win by a ton" issue. The Obama political team thinks this solved a potential political problem when all they need to do is bring home the bacon in this election. And in the short term they have defused the issue, which is what they wanted to do.
- Finally, and the reason I'll never get to do a linky thread again, some self-promotion: me discussing politics on bloggingheads with Conn Carroll. Have a great weekend.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Armando
- Anyway, this is the polite version of the face I made when reading this article.194 comments 88 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 288 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...82 comments 256 Recs
- DKos Radio's KITM podcast (AUDIO): school GunFAIL; Jeb & Iraq; OBL & int'l law; TPP & the filibusterSchool GunFAIL: 5th ...3 comments 4 Recs
- 135 comments 62 Recs
- Hillary Clinton at Rancho ...208 comments 163 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...120 comments 293 Recs
- House Speaker John Boehner was Chuck Todd's star interview on Sunday's Meet the ...140 comments 73 Recs
- For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...38 comments 88 Recs
- Making new an old-fashioned party-building ...192 comments 202 Recs
- No current results.