The Dow Jones Industrial Average has soared 62% since President Barack Obama took the oath of office during some of the darkest days of the Great Recession. The Dow was just below 8,000 then and stands near 13,000 today.
If a recent study of stock markets and presidential elections is any guide, Obama can start preparing his second inaugural address.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by dkmich
- You ought to be out raising hell. This is the fighting age. Put on your fighting clothes. -Mother Jones ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Wednesday ...8 comments 18 Recs
- I’m fixing to deal with some grown up truth right now and I’d appreciate it if you’d hear me out. Bernie Sanders Bernie ...116 comments 198 Recs
- kos, in your piece from The Hill declaring Clinton a "true liberal," and in your own front page post essentially making the same case, The optimist's case for Hillary Clinton , you spoke not one ...709 comments 284 Recs
- That's the headline in The Hill. It is datelined May 19 at 6:11 pm, but I don't see any discussion of it here. Here is the gist of Markos' argument: Obama gave a very liberal State of the Union ...643 comments 112 Recs
- John Nichols at The Nation writes Bernie Sanders Has a Plan: Tax Wall Street and Make College Free : Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders keeps bending the rules of Senate ...126 comments 92 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...284 comments 443 Recs
- Surely the Business Roundtable can do better than this. Or maybe not: Top House Republicans believe the business community is blowing its chance to clinch a trade deal. Unlike unions, they say, ...77 comments 181 Recs
- Just received a mailing today from Democracy for America with an alert that a new provision in the pending TPP Trade Bill, inserted by the GOP of course, would cut $700 million from Medicare to pay ...119 comments 173 Recs
- Mugshots of the Baltimore Police Officers who killed Freddie Gray. A regular refrain from politicians who speak on the issue of police brutality is that bad police officers, be they ...214 comments 177 Recs