- Today's comic is Leaders by Mark Fiore:
- Pretty sure supporting the troops doesn't mean bilking them for their phone calls home:
The company — BBG Communications — is headquartered in a gleaming glass office building in San Diego, with its own sculpture garden.
“Our service members have had millions of dollars taken out of their pockets to enrich the coffers of BBG,” said John Mattes, one of the Corders’ attorneys.
In the last four years, more than 800,000 soldiers, sailors and Marines have traveled through the refueling stop in Leipzig, heading to and from a war zone, according the U.S. Transportation Command.
It’s not clear how many used the phones, but blogs and emails complaining about the phones date to 2008, from privates to senior officers: "robbed by BBG"; "half our unit used this stupid phone"; "sick to my stomach thinking about how much money this company has taken from all those marines," read just a few.
- Koch fight:
Billionaires Charles and David Koch filed a lawsuit yesterday against the Cato Institute in a fight for control of the influential libertarian think tank.
- Limp dick Rush Limbaugh is still an asshole:
"A Georgetown coed told Nancy Pelosi's hearing that the women in her law school program are having so much sex they're going broke, so you and I should have to pay for their birth control. So what would you call that? I called it what it is," he said. "So, I'm offering a compromise today: I will buy all of the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want."
- Bad news for Mitt Romney, good news for America:
Many automakers reported strong sales for February as Americans snapped up smaller cars to offset high gas prices. [...]
The results show that industry is on pace for a third straight year of improving sales after bottoming in 2009 during the financial crisis.
- Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull of Montana admitted he sent that racist email about President Obama, and that yes, it is racist. But that doesn't make him a racist because only his buddies were supposed to see it:
In an interview with the Tribune, Cebull acknowledged that the email was racist but maintained that he doesn’t consider himself a racist and that the note was meant to remain private.
“The only reason I can explain it to you is I am not a fan of our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan,” the judge told the publication. “I didn’t send it as racist, although that’s what it is. I sent it out because it’s anti-Obama.”
- Unwed, born-again virgin teen mom Bristol Palin is once again coming to a TV near you.
- Dinosaurs had fleas:
New fossils found in China are evidence of the oldest fleas - from 125 million to 165 million years ago, said Diying Huang of the Nanjing Institute of Geology and Paleontology. Their disproportionately long proboscis, or straw-like mouth, had sharp weapon-like serrated edges that helped them bite and feed from their super-sized hosts, he and other researchers reported Wednesday in the journal Nature.
Scientists figure about eight or more of today's fleas would fit on the burly back of their ancient ancestor.
- Craigslist has it all:
A husband, his wife and her lover have been charged with conspiracy to commit bestiality after using Craigslist to find a dog for the wife to have sex with.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
lyvwyr101, historys mysteries, marina, Clem Yeobright, coolbreeze, BachFan, kay dub, blueoregon, JeffW, Larsstephens, laserhaas, ericlewis0, Eric Nelson
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Kaili Joy Gray
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Some of us have been missing Kaili Joy Gray's weekly recap of the War on Women. I'd rather be just plain missing the War on Women, but until then, we're trying to bring this weekly feature back as ...59 comments 101 Recs
- Kaili's first contribution is up at Wonkette and it is terrific. Happy Conservative Warriors Defeated by Mysterious CPAC Plague Caused By Liberals Probably . Everybody please welcome our newest ...87 comments 195 Recs
- Cross posted from Blue Virginia Just when you thought Virginia AG - and presumptive 2013 Teapublican nominee for governor - Ken "Kookinelli" couldn't get any creepier or more bizarre,18 comments 29 Recs
- Robin Kelly, victorious After Robin Kelly's dominant victory in Tuesday night's Democratic primary to fill ex-Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.'s vacant House seat, there's been a lot of very facile analysis ...84 comments 133 Recs
- This is fucking awesome, and hilarious, and appropriate, and reflective of my thinking on the issue. Look, I've long maintained that Daily Kos isn't for everyone, and will never strive to be. It is ...860 comments 564 Recs
- Greg Sargent :Norman Ornstein, an observer of Congress for decades, literally wrote the book on GOP obstructionism. So I asked him what he thought of the disappointing filibuster reform deal reached ...224 comments 250 Recs
- Chances Rand Paul will ever be president No doubt you've seen Sen. Rand Paul's made-for-TV tantrum yesterday at the U.S. Senate's Benghazi hearing. When the Kentucky ...95 comments 133 Recs
- No, not that pizza executive Here's what House Republicans were up to yesterday : House Republicans heard it loud ...100 comments 32 Recs
- I've long believed that wankerish NoLabels-loving conservaDem Jim Cooper has deserved a primary challenge. It's not just his votes but his mouth: He's spent his whole career publicly undermining the ...191 comments 147 Recs
Kaili Joy Gray's Tags
- #OccupyWallstreet (256)
- Abortion (12390)
- Black Kos (3691)
- Bristol Palin (265)
- Civil Rights (41494)
- Equal Pay (636)
- Feminism (3398)
- Mad Logophile (39)
- Occupy Wall Street (14337)
- Planned Parenthood (2907)
- Rape (4488)
- Sarah Palin (15991)
- second-wave feminism (14)
- Sex (1580)
- Susan G. Komen (247)
- War on Women (5530)
- Women (5814)
Kaili Joy Gray's Blogroll
- No current results.