It smells like roses rising above a rotted system. It looks like Occupy in the springtime. It resembles thousands taking part in direct action trainings. It feels like the frenetic sharing of info on facebook, blogs and web sites to educate each other. It doesn't look like the lesser of two evils. It has a visionary nature to it with a practical application ability. It looks like the taking back of our streets, our farmland, our waterways. It's music to my ears...a yes we can without the 1% or their parasites in D.C., state legislatures or city councils. It looks like people relying on each other and their native intelligence. It doesn't look like fracking, but it does look like alternative clean energy and conservation. It will shut down the likes of Monsanto, Dow, BP and all corporations that exploit people and the earth for profit. You think it can't be done? It's already in motion.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
maybeeso in michigan, Alice Venturi, YucatanMan, One Pissed Off Liberal, Aureas2, elwior, lostinamerica, isabelle hayes, chipmo, doesnotworkorplaywellwithothers
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by scorpiorising
- Please also see my diary from two days ago which focuses on two highly significant and disturbing new peer reviewed studies published in the journal, Nature. The focus of this diary is the new ...47 comments 52 Recs
- In America, the majestic Bald Eagle is probably the first species which comes to mind when discussing the Endangered Species Act (ESA). This huge and powerful raptor graces our flag poles, our ...34 comments 30 Recs
- The Guardian British art collective Kennard Phillipps have reimagined the bucolic US artwork ...6 comments 31 Recs
- Alaska sets new record for earliest day with temperatures in the 90s! Temperature in Alaska on the afternoon of May 23, 2015, based on data from NOAA's Real-time Mesoscale Unbelievable that ...133 comments 213 Recs
- I'm a Tom Joad democrat, a prison reform democrat, an anti-poverty democrat and a pro-justice democrat - so the party left me a long time ago...and they never looked back as they went chasing after ...662 comments 589 Recs
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Intellectual Property Rights Chapter released to WikiLeaks late last year contains a Trade Secrets section that allows for the criminalization of investigative ...55 comments 152 Recs
- Mark Weisbrot , writing at Aljazeera is of the opinion that the public discussion of the TPP has been much more robust than discussion of NAFTA had ever been. And that ...132 comments 250 Recs
- OOPS : Someone put an autoplay video embed in the comments. If you hear audio you can go here and stop the video from playing. -----275 comments 232 Recs
- As a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico, I have been protesting the horrific level of police violence in my city for years. A lot of people refuse to believe us since the police department, city ...59 comments 325 Recs
- There's been some notable discontent among progressives who look to Paul Krugman for his refreshing honesty on a number of topics and his willingness to state plainly when emperors are ...289 comments 204 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.