Yes, we are talking about "that" George Takei. The man who dared to stand up to the ego of William Shatner. I am a Trek'ee'r. Love the mindset, even the latest movie. Not to happy about the "wood" drama on the personal lives though.
However, George Takei has recently become my type of guy. He is passionate, though provocative and down right intelligent. 1st I will give you some humorous notes (your gonna need them). Then I will give you a story that made me do one thing a red neck son should never do - Weep for a Gay story of tragedy heartbreaking.
We open with this FaceBook toon - wonderful - denoting Mr. Takei's mindset;
Now, we have a great analogy by George Take FAcebooki, though my FB buddies;
NOTE: Proper Attribute -I have no idea who the original writer is - but it is a Fantastic logic approach to the insanity of inane logic that G-d would obliterate anyone who touches on persons skin versus the other. Especially since - according to the Holy Bible - Eve came from Adam (as much as a case for inbreeding that we could ever have)
Originally, a friend of mine on facebook had a picture like a Dead Sea Scroll - which had the following items below. My less than tech pic know how - did not get it big enough here - to be legible. Thus, someone else gave me the item you see below.
Now, I am told that it may originate from the West Wing Show
A Letter to Dr. Laura Concerning God's Law
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Law and how to follow them.
1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. Lev.25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev.11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev.11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
George Takei on Fighting Anti'Gay Law in Tenn.
Heartbreaking Story on Love'd then Lost to Hate
George Takei's Facebook linked me to this item from another Facebook page entitled "Equal Love Equal Rights".
Two young men, finally come out of the closet. One's family accept him for who he is, but the other family in Indiana, threatens his own son with gun in hand. Saying he should have told them sooner, so that they could get him "treated" for his illness.
They succeeded with their hate - in ending the Gay relationship in a sad way. The Youtube vide is aptly entitled "It could happen to you". Life is too short for this shit.
I gave up on being a homophobe - long before my daughter married her love of life. However, we still did not speak for 10 years - because of assumptions about each other. My brother called me up one day and told me I was an asshole. To which I replied, err - Why? Just because you don't like queers, is no reason to reject your daughter. -- I asked him which daughter he was talking about - I did not know she had divorced her husband and married her real love choice.
My wife and I had gone through our marriage end, where she left my kids with me - but sent money to my one daughter when she turned 16, who ran off with her friend of 28 years old - to Mexico. My older daughter - had kept secrets from me - while I went around to the police, hired detectives and paid thousands of dollars to put out fliers and ads - thinking my other daughter had been abducted.
When I found out my oldest daughter knew where my other daughter was. I told her she was an asshole for putting me through all that pain. So, I presumed, she did not call me, mad about that issue and the fact that I thought her husband was a leach.
Meanwhile, my daughter, my other daughter, my son, my ex, my brother and my third daughter - all had been so good at keeping a secret, that I had no idea my oldest daughter was divorced, had met another, come out of the closet and moved away.
My brother realized that he was the inbreed butthole this time.
Talk to each other - be kind to each other - and enjoy the love - life is too short!