President Obama tops Republican Mitt Romney in a head-to-head matchup by seven points 46-39% according to the latest Fox News poll-mainly because American voters feel more positive about the economy. Check out these highlights:
1. Obama wups Swiss Mitt 46 % to 39% - Three weeks ago they were tied at 46%.
2. Obama has 88% of Dems support and Romney gets 84% of the con vote
3. Obama spanks Romney with women 55% to 33%.
4. 74% Obama voters are satisfied with him while only 59% of Romney voters are satisfied.
5. Obama approval 49% - 47% disapprove
6. Highest Fox approval since May 2011, after the raid that killed OBL
7. To Obama’s advantage, voters feel the economy is improving.
8. The number saying the economy is in “poor” condition has dropped 14 percentage points from a year ago. The number saying it’s in better shape is up 11 points.
9. On his handling of Afghanistan: 53% approve.
10. 46% approve of the job Obama’s doing on the economy, up from 39% a year ago.
I bet you a bowl of peach cobbler that they will bury their own poll on cable TV.