Mark Binker reports on a bill by Thom Goolsby (R-New Hanover) that would expand concealed carry rights on church properties.
Thom says that clarifying the law would "fix a problem" for a church in his Senate district. Binker's article refers to the church's "security team," who might be in violation of the law when the church-operated school is not in session.
As a professing and practicing Christian myself, I have a few questions for the good Senator from the coast:
1. Exactly how does the security team operate, and under what protocols? Does the team regularly train in procedures to deal with whatever threats are envisioned?
2. What is the Biblical model for the security team? How exactly did Jesus organize his security? Were the disciples nothing more than glorified muscle?
3. Exactly what threats does this church envision facing? Exactly who are they trying to protect themselves from?
4. During worship services, are members of the security team standing guard, with assigned guard posts? Or are they undercover among the congregation, complete with earbud radios and American flag lapel pins?
5. Does every Republican in Raleigh go by Thom?
Cross-posted at bluenc.com