I read Markos's diary about Clark County, Nev.'s Republican party being taken over by Ron Paul fans. The diary includes an image of a billboard suggesting that people check out oathkeepers.org. I had never heard of the Oath Keepers so I had a look at their website and thought I would share this ... ahem ... very interesting information with you!
The Oath Keepers are a group of current or former military, police, and firefighters who take an oath to uphold the Constitution. They have a list of orders they say they will NOT obey.
The list of orders is eye-popping. Apparently they actually believe these things are on the verge of happening.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.Well, thank goodness for that! I was afraid the government might be about to turn my little town into Stalingrad. Now I can rest assured that the Oath Keepers will be preventing such an event from happening.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.Even the camps Ron Paul is planning to set up for detention of Volvo-driving, latte-sipping, elitist liberals?
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control” during any emergency, or under any other pretext. We will consider such use of foreign troops against our people to be an invasion and an act of war.This is bad news for Canada because I know they have been itching to come down here and get things in order.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty and declares the national government to be in violation of the compact by which that state entered the Union. In response to the obscene growth of federal power and to the absurdly totalitarian claimed powers of the Executive, upwards of 20 states are considering, have considered, or have passed courageous resolutions affirming states rights and sovereignty. Those resolutions follow in the honored and revered footsteps of Jefferson and Madison in their Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, and likewise seek to enforce the Constitution by affirming the very same principles of our Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights that we Oath Keepers recognize and affirm.Because you can't better honor and revere the founders than by supporting the dissolution of the union they helped to create.
And of course #1,
1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.I used ESP to determine that Barack Obama is planning to do this on November 8th so I guess they had better get busy reaching out to more potential supporters.
There are loads of comments from equally delusional supporters, such as
The time is coming when the people (us) will have to rise up and depose the dictator that was forced on us by the left wing press, and all his communist minions.and
This gives me faith that when the time comes I won’t be alone defending our constiution. I am not a current or former member of the armed forces or police but I will stand with you when the time comes. I owe it to my 1 year old daughter so she can live in freedom as our forfathers intended. My AR-15 is locked and loaded.In general I find the site kind of hilarious, but some of the comments are pretty scary. There are quite a large number of people who fit right into the Paranoid Style in American Politics.