Casa Brillig is madly trying to get ready to leave tomorrow for Netroots Nation, get everything ready for Mr. Brillig's parents to watch the kids, cram for Pub Quiz and more, and I almost decided I was too busy to publish tonite. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't share with you the Very Important Email we received this weekend. Follow me below the
dingledoodlesquiggliedKosagnocchidividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it to topcomments at gmail by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
NOTE: Bowing to that newfangled DK4 stuff :-), you also may send nominations to the Top Comments group email. If you don't see a nomination you made to there in the diary, please pipe up - it means we're still trying to remember not to forget to check!
I'm sure there's not a one of us who haven't once or twice ::cough::a day::cough:: received a letter asking for our kind assistance in shuttling millions of dollars around Nigerian bank accounts. After all, we ARE responsible people and of COURSE the Prince of Nigeria needs our help... oh wait, it's spam. My bad. A pox of dead parrots on each and every one of those who send these bits of electronic litter.
What we received Sunday, though... it was a settlement offer from the Chairman of the Debt Reconciliation Committee himself, from his official United Nations Yahoo address even! Our name had been on a list submitted by the Monitoring Team of Economic and Financial Crime Commission observers. In case any of you have not yet received your letter, I've reprinted it below:
From: "UNITED NATION"I am fully supportive of making the world a better place for all and ending poverty, aren't we all? I'm planning on getting in touch with the helpful Nigerian bank representative after Netroots Nation, and with any luck my Cheque/Atm MASTERCARD will be here in time to donate before the 3rd quarter campaign reporting deadlines. Where do you think I should direct my soon-to-be newfound wealth?
Subject: United Nations Compensation For Scam Victims
DEBT RECONCILIATION COMMITTEE
3 United Nations PlazaNew York, Ny 10017, United States
ATTENTION: DEAR SIR/ MADAM
How are you today? I Hope all is well with you and your family?
In regards to the recent meeting between the United Nations, the United States Government to restore the dignity and economy of Nations. Base on the Agreement with the World Bank Assistance to help and make the world a better place for all with the sole aim of abolishing poverty.
We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2 days ago with the then secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.
This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of USD$ 800,000.00 (Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) This includes every foreign contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc.
Your name and email was in the list submitted by our Monitoring Team of Economic and Financial Crime Commission observers and this is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed.
You are advised to contact : Mr. Ralph David of Access Bank Plc , as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ ATM MASTER CARD of USD$ 800,000.00 (Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) this funds are to be given to you through cheque or Atm card for security purpose ok? So she will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice.
This meeting was first held on the 10th of January 2012.
Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Cheque or Atm card to you.
CONTACT AGENT: Mr. Ralph David
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck and kind regards. Making the world a better place
SIR. EDWARD BEN.
Chairman Debt Reconciliation Committee
Direct Email : email@example.com
This email is intended for the owner of this E-mail Address only and contains privileged and confidential information. If you received this email by error, please delete it from your mail box and notify us immediately for correction. The disclosure of this email to a third party is highly prohibited. Thanks for your understanding.
That is, unless my disclosing the contents of my email to you third parties invalidated my Scam Compensation Eligibility.
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From Julie Gulden:This comment by JaxDem is apropos for today.
From Noddy:blue aardvark's advice in the event of an alien invasion.
pat of butter in a sea of grits speculated on the Oath Keepers' wives.
From Steveningen:Submitting this comment by citizenx poking the Republicans in the eye over the silly claim about black people being bused in from Detroit. We have some funny funny people here. Found in the Impromptu Wisconsin Live Blog #4 by kos.
From Yours Truly, brillig:
Top Mojo for yesterday, June 4th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic!
1) They need to go to Waukesha! by zenbassoon — 249
2) As an attorney, by gchaucer2 — 175
3) Supposedly not, but she's still there and her by zenbassoon — 123
4) My highlight of the day: by Naranjadia — 113
5) good by ShoshannaD — 110
6) TY for your hard work on this by absdoggy — 110
7) If jerks like that are running heaven by citizenx — 107
8) That's all well and good. by Brooke In Seattle — 98
9) Hopefully Montana will lead the way to by sfcouple — 91
10) truly, it is not a mistake when husband and wife by Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse — 86
11) DOJ Election Observers by PDX Dem — 86
12) I've done what I can. by Giles Goat Boy — 84
13) Here is the tactic, here is the strategy: by noise of rain — 84
14) The State GOP loses one of those Senate Seats by LeftHandedMan — 83
15) Yeah by gchaucer2 — 81
16) She is still there and the Waukesha County Exec by antirove — 79
17) My GOTV shift with DFA begins at by JayRaye — 78
18) Ed Schultz Caller Says She's Stil There by Gooserock — 77
19) depressing gallup poll on evolution by entlord — 74
20) no doubt by hulibow — 74
21) I have heard similar comments lately from people by Giles Goat Boy — 74
22) No other county should report votes until by Bmeis — 72
23) I had a talk today with several idiots here in by flycaster — 71
24) Your diary changed my mind. by Bugsby — 69
25) Republicans can't win without cheating by bear83 — 66
26) cripes, that's what the law is, procedure by Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse — 66
27) Don't view it as "bothering people" by Puddytat — 66
28) A great editorial by the Governor by Persiflage — 65
29) Just found out one of our public library by Naranjadia — 64
30) oh oh, sumone needs sum kitteh tummy therapy by Debbie in ME — 64
Top Pictures for yesterday, June 4th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!