CTU held a strike authorization vote on 6/6/2012. Teacher Jean Luchini was unable to vote at the polls due to a recent surgery. Her brothers and sisters brought the polls to her at the hospital.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Hyde Park Johnny
- This picture of what's going on in education policy today may be cartoonified, but unfortunately it's not as exaggerated as we might want to believe. Public School Shakedown offers the big picture ...45 comments 43 Recs
- ( Mark E. Andersen ) Chicago teachers have voted overwhelmingly to authorize a strike in response ...212 comments 78 Recs
- Here comes Daily Kos Radio . . . to Wisconsin Jesse LaGreca, a/k/a Ministry of Truth, will be in Wisconsin for the fight in Wisconsin, the recall election that culminates the year-long battle ...44 comments 66 Recs
- "We March in Solidarity with the Students of Quebec." Alyssa @alyssa011968 #OO #OccupyOakland join us! It's beautiful out. #solidarity with #CLASSE On a beautiful Friday evening, Occupy Oakland ...30 comments 41 Recs
- A celebration in Dollotti Park is in order for the first issue of the official publication of the Occupy the Dollhouse movement: The Occupied Doll Reader . The Front Cover:1 comments 4 Recs
- Cheaper than buying a congressperson. In Chicago and Washington Thursday, the Environmental Protection Agency held the first of its hearings on a carbon pollution standard for new power plants. The ...70 comments 98 Recs
- Not too long ago the Chicago Police had set up blockades preventing marchers from proceeding further Occupied Chi Tribune @OccupiedChiTrib RT @zdroberts: Police blocking protest at congress http://...47 comments 62 Recs
- Mainstream media is slow to pick up on this story but reliable multiple reliable twitter sources - independent journalists have posted pictures and are confirming the details. The basics are ...25 comments 28 Recs
- More than 6,000 nurses and activists gathered at Daley Plaza in Chicago Friday to rock out with musician Tom Morello and call for a tax on financial speculation — a Robin Hood tax. This small ...23 comments 41 Recs
- Update: ChiCops Call Activist Commie F & Arrest 9 Prior to NATO Protest Including Kossack TarheelDemChicago police broke into a home with an unsigned warrant, repeatedly calling an activist "commie faggot" and arrested 9 activists, including Kossack TarheelDem, ahead of this weekend's protest of ...116 comments 218 Recs
Hyde Park Johnny's Blogroll
- Substance™ News
- Caucus of Rank and File Educators (CORE)
- Chicago Teachers Union
- Parents United for Responsible Education (PURE)
- Kenwood Oakland Community Organization (KOCO)
- Teachers for Social Justice (TSJ)
- Grassroots Education Movement (GEM)
- Education for All
- Pilsen Alliance
- Blocks Together
- Designs for Change (DFC)
- Raise Your Hand
- The Grassroots Collaborative