To be fair, not all drones are used for military purposes. Some have peaceful domestic applications as well. For instance, the EPA uses them out West to monitor farms to make sure they're not dumping cow shit in our drinking water. Seems fairly benign, but does it have to?Video below the fold.
STUART VARNEY (6/5/2012): When you use the word "drone", what do you think of? You think terrorism. You think death from the sky.Oh my God. You're not actually going to do this, are you?
MEGYN KELLY (6/5/2012): Spying on our nation's farmers? Republican lawmakers demanding answers today, after learning that the Environmental Protection Agency has been using aerial spy drones for years to spy on cattle ranchers. These are the same drones we use to track down al-Qaeda terrorists, flying over Nebraska and Iowa.(in exasperated voice) Megyn!! We love each other! Don't make me do this!
Those aren't the same drones, unless the EPA has Hellfire missiles on their drones! They don't! It's not the same thing!
Or is it?6/5/2012:YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO THINK THEY'RE TRYING TO CATCH PEOPLE WHO ARE LETTING THEIR COWS SHIT IN THE WATER SUPPLY!!! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! (wild audience applause and cheering)
MEGYN KELLY: You gotta picture yourself, right, as one of these Midwestern farmers, because what's been in the news lately? The fact that President Obama has killed more terrorists with drones than any other President. That President Obama has a so-called "kill list". And that on that kill list, sometimes civilian casualties go as well. ... Even an American terrorist, an American al-Qaeda, was killed by a drone. So now you're in the Midwest, and you know you're not a terrorist, but nonetheless you gotta get a little squeamish when you see a drone going overhead.
STUART VARNEY: What are you supposed to think?
Who in their right mind would even make that connection?? That's what I'm saying!!
Look, guys, if the idea of a drone is scary to you, maybe we should find a less threatening face to put on the drone, make it seem less intimidating.6/5/2012:(shocked audience reaction)
JEANNE MOOS: Liftoff for the cat-copter, a remote-controlled helicopter made out of a dead cat. There's a propeller attached to each paw.
BART JANSEN: I really love this cat, and for me, this is a way to actually make him eternal.
Remember, folks, at home if you're watching, remember to spay or neuter your drones.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Sylv, boilerman10, historys mysteries, PBen, Debbie in ME, Clive all hat no horse Rodeo, bythesea, lineatus, JoanMar, Actbriniel, Hill Jill, Ace Nelson, Deep Texan, Earth Bear
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by BruinKid
- [Mikey Weinstein]: This guest Op-Ed from my dear friend, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) Advisory Board member, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff Lawrence ...6 comments 44 Recs
- I just got this note from Jack Thompson, Cedwyn's father. "Cedwyn passed away tonight, quietly, gracefully and at peace." He continued "Please pass our appreciation and gratitude to all of the ...267 comments 718 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 715 Recs
- Hi folks, I am writing this at Dulles Airport, and I've just come from Cedwyn's parents house, which is where she's staying. Her parents are wonderful and they are giving her the best possible care ...165 comments 529 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog Speaking at a New Hampshire Legislative Leaders Breakfast this morning, Republican presidential contender Rand Paul made it clear what he thinks about people who ...219 comments 115 Recs
- Winners and New Champions: Shirt Pleat (DLCC) Oh, we've had protests before, and costumes, and chants and merriment, but this year's Netroots Nation Chaiman's Pub Quiz featured two elements we've ...24 comments 24 Recs
- I am a brown woman of childbearing age with a young child. This is what my possible future will look like if everyone only voted for candidates that meet a "purity" test.692 comments 282 Recs
- I'll keep my commentary short.... but... wow. Kudos to Mother Jones for digging into this . Certainly an interesting read: Today, the 68-year-old Bob Dowlut is the general counsel of the National ...126 comments 387 Recs
- Those who've seen my rantings here on Daily Kos know that as I'm an atheist, I have little patience for religion at all. I agree with the sentiment that it is "easily weaponized superstitious hokum."462 comments 368 Recs
- AFTER DINNER WALK FALL 2013 Badger passed away on Sunday July 13th. In his home as he wished, to Monty Pythons video from the Life of Brian “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”. I wish I ...174 comments 939 Recs
- No current results.