From the Miami Herald, George and Shellie went through "almost $36,000" in 18 days.
Where did that money go?
• $6500 on Internet and phone bills
• New cell phones ($300 each)
• Telephone land line ($2500 -- who spends $2500 on a land line?)
• $1300 on an AT&T cell phone contract
• $7000 in credit card bills
• $4378 on "car expenses", including payments on two car loans, plus a rental... $800 on gas!!! (where did she go that she spent $800 on gas† -- Zimmerman was in JAIL for most of it)
• $3000 to his parents (repayment of a loan)
• $5000 for bond
• $800 at the jail commissary (Do you have to pay for your own meals in the pokey, or do you get better swill if you show some green? McDonalds? Steak?)
• $600 on jailhouse calling cards. (Who was he calling for $33/day? Hannity?)
• $1300 on food (in addition to the $800 in the jail commissary -- is this just what Shellie ate for 18 days?)
• $400 on utilities
• $1,900 on rent
• $4000 on American Express. That's an ad I can see NOBODY making.
O’Mara stressed that Zimmerman turned over the $123,000 balance to his attorney and that he advised Zimmerman to keep another $20,000 in cash for future expenses.It is interesting to note that Zimmerman's donations went up when his bond was raised to $1M. Didn't think it would go to rental cars and cell phone bills, did you?
The expense list covered the period from April 9 when the website went up until April 27, just after the Zimmermans turned over the balance to a legal trust fund
Here's the best part, and the closest thing to proof that Zimmerman was going to flee:
†Bank records submitted as evidence indicate Zimmerman spent at least part of that time on the Maryland shore.$800 in gas gets you to the Maryland shore, evidently. (In a Hummer? 4 miles per gallon?)
Cashing in on notoriety 101. Gives "destitute" a new meaning.