A few items in the news in North Carolina.
Crossposted from Exile on Jones Street
• People are wondering if Romney's lead in recent polls means North Carolina is really in play or not or what or whatnot. If your memory goes back all the way back to 2008, you might recall that Obama didn't lead McCain in a poll until September 23. Real Clear Politics N.C.: Trending Red Again or Truly Up for Grabs?
• Perhaps the FLOTUS will have an opinion on the subject when she visits Greensboro and Raleigh today.
• NC Policy Watch has a look at a new report from the Budget and Tax Center showing the link between loss of rights and wage decline in North Carolina. New report: The decline in worker bargaining power is behind falling wages
• It appears that Richard Burr thinks Marco Rubio needs a little more time before seeking national office. The Hill: GOP senator suggests Sen. Rubio could use 'a little more experience'
• And, we're still waiting on those vetoes. No word as of 9 a.m. Morning Post Day 98 Vetoes Anyone?