- Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Smackdown:
- Pucker up:
Gay rights activists and other supporters of marriage equality planned a national "Kiss In" at Chick-fil-A restaurants Friday to protest the fast-food chain owners' opposition to same-sex unions.
Participants are encouraged to come to the fast-food chains and kiss a fellow demonstrator of the same sex. One organizer, Carly McGehee of Dallas, said she hopes the event helps gay youths "who feel isolated and are victims of bullying."
- What he said:
- Rick Perry on Mitt Romney's eventual running mate (apparently he didn't make the short list):
"There are great and talented people out there, but vice presidential candidates are interesting choices that will probably only make two or three days worth of news, unless they make some huge gaffe," Perry told CNN in an interview at the Republican Governors Association retreat in Aspen, Colorado. "As long as it's not me, I'll be cool."
- Politico is out with a guide to the Democratic and Republican National Conventions.
- Do you wish you had a handy-dandy PollTracker? There's an app for that and it is described as having:
... all the averages, the latest polls, trend charts, everything, for every race in the country right at your fingertips. And the really exciting thing for true political junkies is that it has notifications. Any race you want to follow the app pings you every time a new poll is released.
- From the Department of Bullshit apologies:
A Republican state lawmaker has apologized for circulating an email that spreads a rumor that President Barack Obama is planning to stage a fake assassination attempt to stop the November election.
The email, first reported by HuffingtonPost.com, was forwarded from the legislative office of Kelly Keisling of Byrdstown.
Keisling acknowledged Wednesday that he forwarded the email and said he shouldn't have because it was "inappropriate for distribution."Keisling said he regrets the error and he pledged to be more cautious about information distributed from his office.
- Probably the cutest animal pictures you'll see all day.
- And probably the funniest thing you'll read all day: Charles Krauthammer declares that Mitt Romney's trip overseas was "a major substantive success."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, davelf2, lyvwyr101, JVolvo, Mary Mike, gchaucer2, JeffW, Larsstephens, annieli, I love OCD, YuccaPete, OldDragon, nellgwen, mapamp
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:32 comments 45 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.