NRA-backed Lt. Col (Ret) Courtney Rogers beat Republican Caucus Chairwoman Debra Maggart in the Republican primary in Sumner County Tennessee. The NRA went after Maggart because she did not support a bill in the Tennessee Legislature that would allow employees to keep guns in their cars at work as long as the cars were locked. Having owned a business and the property upon which it sat I find it very difficult to view the NRA’s stance on this issue as anything other than taking away the right of property owners to control what is brought onto their property. It is my opinion that the so-called “Safe Commute” laws infringe on property rights which are central to our safety. Locked in a car or not, the availability of guns at the workplace site makes it easier to use deadly force to settle a dispute.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
someRaven, Iberian, 8ackgr0und N015e, brasilaaron, Karl Rover, cazcee, tgrshark13, enhydra lutris, Vatexia, David54, jan4insight, Hey338Too
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Old Gray Dog
- In a speech recently, the influential economist Jeffrey Sachs made the following statement, one that was both remarkable and yet predictable about the culture of Wall Street: "I'm going to put if ...83 comments 206 Recs
- There's an old axiom: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” ― Upton Sinclair There are plenty of facts that extreme ...93 comments 146 Recs
- During an interview conducted one day before the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the crazy Lt. Gov. of Tennessee, Ron Islam-Is-Not-A-Religion Ramsey was pushing to pass a crazy bring-your-guns-11 comments 6 Recs
- This pretty much says it all, doesn't it? From USA Today, Nov. 26, 2012 : Three Kentucky counties — Owsley, McCreary and Wolfe — are the only places that rely on government programs such as ...135 comments 158 Recs
- In all the excoriating of Mr. Romney’s “gift” comments from both the right and the left; the one criticism that has not been leveled against this monstrously narrowminded view of electorates ...5 comments 9 Recs
- It could survive a nuclear war...but not vulture capitalism As a little boy in fourth or fifth grade I had a crush on a little girl. We used to eat lunch together every day and every single day I ...56 comments 55 Recs
- There have been quite a number of diaries lately addressing Mr. Ryan's love for Ayn Rand. Many have addressed the philosopher's beliefs and the irony that she, ultimately, had to rely on social ...11 comments 4 Recs
- 3:28 PM PT : Wow, Rec Listed. Thanks! I haven't had a chance to read off of the comments yet. I am at work so I can't be caught browsing political sites. I will be back later to check out ...132 comments 271 Recs
- Comments for the Record U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means Subcommittee on Human Resources Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures Hearing on How Welfare and Tax Benefits ...12 comments 4 Recs
- Imagine a little restaurant in the seaside resort where you vacation. Everyone is so busy there at this time of year you would think that no one had time for labor strife. You would be wrong. Story ...7 comments 5 Recs
Old Gray Dog's Tags
- No current results.
Old Gray Dog's Blogroll
- No current results.