Cross-posted in Immizen.com.
Note that I said, the extremist, not the exorcist, but it rhymes. In both cases those words invoke a negative feeling or impression about someone. Although in the movie The Exorcist, the exorcist was the good guy, and the possessed was the scary person. An Extremist, by comparison, is a person possessed by very radical ideas, or obsessed with them.
Listen, if Bill O’Reilly says it, it must be true and I don’t know why he would echo it into the media stratosphere? Is it a quality voters are looking for? An extremist for president or vice-president? Is it anything to be proud about? Do republicans love extremist?
I don’t think so. It was tactic #1 of the Republicans to paint Obama as a liberal extremist, and he tried very hard to stay middle of the road and convince “moderates” that he is a “moderate” president.
In Fox News Bill O’Reilly's own words:
- If you believe traditional marriage should be kept as the exclusive standard, you are not only extreme; you are a homophobe.Do Republicans not care about painting Ryan as an extremist? Why even mention it?
- If you believe all Americans should pay less in taxes, you are greedy and an anti-poor extremist.
- If you believe the Second Amendment gives Americans the right to buy and possess guns, you are promoting violence in an extreme way.
- If you believe the government has a duty to combat overseas terrorists without giving them constitutional protections, you are an extreme anti-human rights individual.
- If you believe abortion is the taking of a human life, you are an anti-woman extremist.
- If you support securing the nation’s borders and regulating immigration, you are anti-Hispanic.
The list goes on and on.
By labeling someone as extreme, you can dismiss whatever they say. That’s the strategy being used against Ryan.