A fair day's wage
- If your employer is ignoring evidence that your job will lead to traumatic brain injury, by definition there's no way you're getting a fair day's wage. And speaking of football, members of the Atlanta Falcons are participating in a voter registration event with the Atlanta-North Georgia Labor Council on Wednesday.
- After the Castlewood Country Club locked out its workers, jpmassar writes, "Still No Health Care. Still No Job. But 907 Days Later, One Vindicating Court Decision."
- More unemployment stories collected by Gawker's Hamilton Nolan.
- Laundry workers on Long Island join a union after a year of organizing.
The War on Education
- Brazen cheating, and an initial cover-up, at a Los Angeles charter school group. The rot definitely came from the top on this one, but the incident shows not only corruption within one charter school group, but the damage of test-based pressures.
- Who is promoting vouchers in Pennsylvania?
Legislation, state, local, and otherwise
- Emptywheel eviscerates a New York Times puff piece on Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder.