I can't decide which Republican-Approved
excuse rationale I'll be using tonight:
(A) I was going to have someone retroactively handle Top Comments tonite. ::Romney rules, so this one always works::
(B) I had someone scheduled for tonite. ::Ryan rules, which means I'm totally lying about this but am saying it as if it were factually true::
(C) I've apologized for not having a diarist tonite, but I think we need to put the past behind us and move forward. ::Generic Republican rules, squelching further discussion::
But I'm a Democrat, so here's my statement: "I forgot to check the calendar and didn't notice we were sans diarist until 7:30. My bad."
Follow me below the
dingledoodlesquiggliedKosagnocchidividerthingie fold for the Tops, after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group dKosemailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From maybeeso in michigan:This comment by Ptolemy is an amazing look at every 75 years of our history from 1864.
From Pam from Calif:Hilarious comment from PorridgeGun.
Another great comment/comic by JekyllnHyde
Dood Abides the master of snark& photoshop.
From Puddytat:Here's a goodie by Mindful Nature. It speculates what might have happened to our traditional media that is now reporting on the lies that the GOP have been telling with ever increasing frequency.
Here, in 2 sentences and thanks to Thomas Twinnings, is what the GOP thinks of the truth.
Top Mojo for yesterday, August 29th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic!
1) Any Occupy Wall Streeter by voracious — 270
2) Yet another isolated incident by Dallasdoc — 227
3) CNN had to be shamed into reporting .... by hadrons — 198
4) Women's Rights - The 2012 Republican Version by JekyllnHyde — 182
5) Yes, Lots of Doctors on Call by JekyllnHyde — 176
6) 2 things... by wyvern — 162
7) Heh... If they mean that by DerAmi — 152
8) Bill Nye is a hero, and he's done something very by David54 — 142
9) we kept hearing, not only in Ann & Christie's by Olympia — 138
10) Talk About a Remark That Sounded Better in the by Gooserock — 134
11) I think it's a not so subtle dig by looty — 134
12) I AM a wife and a mother by litigatormom — 131
13) What did the personal note tell you?? by Jjc2006 — 130
14) Dennis Leary Tweet On Ann Romney by Leo Flinnwood — 130
15) which doctors answer the phone? by slouchsock — 127
16) Well said. by One Pissed Off Liberal — 125
17) Exactly by Puddytat — 125
18) Citizens United. The Media Suddenly Acquired a by Gooserock — 123
19) I agree overall by Rolandz — 116
20) single woman here totally in agreement with by edrie — 115
21) score one for the good guys. n/t by Olympia — 114
22) Good question by joelgp — 114
23) I was offended by the constant mom reference by eXtina — 110
24) and at Night?? by biscobosco — 106
25) Too bad they aren't looking for angry white women. by voracious — 106
26) I take offense at her sexist attitude toward by slouchsock — 104
27) Angry and white doesn't mean what it used to. by sjburnman — 103
28) uhh. Are we talking about the same Huffington by Fickle — 103
29) They didn't build it. by DRo — 102
30) Arrogant Little Twit Gives a Speech Full of Lie by Ditch Mitch KY — 99
Top Pictures for yesterday, August 29th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!