He's spending this Sunday studying briefing books, practicing in a mock debate, and watching the Packers....
Well, Paul, I had Joe Biden as a law school professor at Widener Law School in Delaware. P.S. I got the best grade in the class.
Here are some tips:
1. Do not make up facts. Seriously, Biden will be all over you. You may want to switch out your "GOP fantasy/Ayn Rand is my secret girlfriend" debate briefing book with an "actual real facts" briefing book. Ask Joe for one. I know he has one
2. Do not be ideological. Biden may be genuinely progressive; but an ideologue, he is not. Seriously, he takes some conservative views on some things.
3. Do not go with "Christian values" with Biden. You are both Catholic. He went to Catholic school (Archmere in Claymont Delaware). He will out-Catholic you and teach you lessons you should have picked up at Mass about helping the poor and downtrodden and stuff. Do not substitute Ayn Rand quips and quotes and what Father so and so taught you. Biden actually has met many Catholic Bishops (and they do not like him because of his abortion stance) and he pretty much can point out the dozens of votes you made which run counter to everything Catholics are taught.
4. Do not lie. No, this is not a repeat of number 1. The new GOP tactic has been to turn into a party of liars. Just out and out lieing in the hope that no one will catch you doing it will not work. Joe will and chances are he will say "Paul, you're a big fucking liar". Yeah, Biden, like Dick Cheney, does not fear the F word.
5. Wear a friggin' necktie. Most grown-ups do.
6. Study a little more and watch a little less Packer football. Joe will be be very well prepared and Delaware does not have a professional sports team. Senator Biden, VP President Biden, and Professor Biden have little patience for people who aren't prepared to make their case.....Good luck.