- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Convention coverage:
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- The verdict is in: Our press isn't ready for post-truth politics, by Hunter
- The Republican party left people like me': Workers in the Democratic convention spotlight, by Laura Clawson
- Excavating the layers of this year's House landscape, by David Jarman
- In Defense of Red State Socialism, by Jon Perr
- Powerful women took center stage, by Denise Oliver Velez
- The ugliness of the Republican Party's death throes, by Laurence Lewis
- Registering to vote just got easier. With this little widget, you can fill out a registration form, print it off and mail it in ... or, if you're lucky enough to be in a state where you can register online, it will take you directly to your Secretary of State's website. Do it now! And share it with family and friends. Remember, as Rep. John Lewis said, voting is "the most powerful, nonviolent tool we have to create a more perfect union."
- Condolences to family and friends:
Jupiter Police Officer Bruce St. Laurent was killed Sunday afternoon after his motorcycle was struck by a vehicle while he was riding in a motorcade as President Barack Obama was on his way to the Palm Beach County Convention Center, said Teri Barbera, spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
- Four little words:
Vice President Joe Biden made a campaign stop in Chillicothe, Ohio today, popping in at a local Obama for America (OFA) office to fire up volunteers and speak with folks who were being called by the phonebank that was in progress. During the visit, he pulled off to the side to speak to two middle-aged women in private.
The two women were Cathy Pool and her partner of 25 years, Mendy Yates.
During their conversation, speaking about marriage equality, he told the couple, "It's going to happen."
- Former and probable future deadbeat dad, Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, has some deep thoughts on Sandra Fluke:
Think about this, a 30, 31, 32 year old law student who has been a student for life, who gets up there in front of a national audience and tells the American people, ‘I want America to pay for my contraceptives. You’re kidding me. Go get a job. Go get a job Sandra Fluke. This is what — I was offended.
- Actor/comic Wanda Sykes on why Republicans hate her:
I'm a black, gay woman. I think the only way to make the GOP hate me more is if I sent them a video of me rolling around on a pile of welfare checks.
- What a shock (not):
The LGBT community will celebrate the one-year anniversary of the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” taking effect this month, and a new study shows that the change has had no negative impact on military readiness, morale, or unit cohesion.
- South Carolina's Republican congressman Trey Gowdy had a scare Sunday night:
Spartanburg Public Safety said Gloria Yvonne Brackett of Atlanta, Georgia approached 4th District Congressman Trey Gowdy in the parking lot of First Baptist Church Sunday night.
Gowdy tells police Brackett pointed a pistol at him while he was sitting in a car, but he was able to drive off unharmed. She was arrested a short time later by officers.
- A glimmer of hope:
The first large and comprehensive study of the genetics of a common lung cancer finds that more than half the tumors from that cancer have mutations that might be treated by new drugs that are already in the pipeline or that could be easily developed.
- Don't miss the first joint appearance on Daily Kos Radio from Greg Dworkin and Steve Singiser, who were both on hand to analyze the post-convention numbers today. Also, Congress returns from a month-long recess and starts in with... more crap. Find today's podcast here, and on Stitcher radio:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Superskepticalman, Gooserock, eeff, ericlewis0, wintergreen8694, Vatexia, jolux, brook, bontemps2012
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- This morning it was announced that John Nash, famed mathemtician was killed on the New Jersey turnpike in a tragic car crash that claimed his life and that of his wife. John Forbes Nash Jr., the ...63 comments 257 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 153 Recs
- Gorgeous, in all ways. Old school craftsmanship meets vintage rock and roll in the video age. The result? Oddly amazing and perfect:32 comments 45 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 268 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- Let's play the name game... . . . Ok....ok...maybe not. :) But there are some interesting handles on here, and I've often wondered where they come from, so now is your chance to share, if you ...298 comments 53 Recs
- We've had a good run. We've been together 21 years, 7 of them legally wed. But this is all about to crash and burn around our ears thanks to 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell of Auburn Nebraska. ...701 comments 448 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 136 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...16 comments 63 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.