There has been an important article that has been circulating on the net tonight pertaining to the ratings of states in regards to women's health issues. Many of you would find an interesting correlation between the states here and their political leanings.
Cross over the orange squiggly for details.
Health.com has listed the worst 10 states in the union with regards to women's health. They have various health categories mentioned with various states. The states and their no particular order of listing are.....
1. Mississippi- 1/4 of women have no health insurance.
2. Arkansas-Life expectancy down for women in over one of five counties.
3. Idaho-Lowest in nation in percentage of mammograms for women
4. Louisiana- women chlamydia rates are over 12% and high infant death rates.
5. Kentucky-Almost all the counties in the Eastern coalfield areas showed a decline for women for life expectancy in the years of 1987-2007.
6. Tennessee- Obesity rate of women up to 34.5%. Life expectancy declined in 36 of 95 counties from 1987-2007.
7. Oklahoma- The only state that had a state level drop in life expectancy for women from 1987-2007.
8. Texas- 31% of women had no health insurance, and high rates of chlamydia as well. Texas ranked dead last for the number of women getting first trimester prenatal care.
9. West Virginia- 36.8% of women had no leisure time physical activity. Obesity rates have risen to 32.6% for women.
10.Wyoming- Women here made 64 cents per dollar made by men. Screening rates for disease are low due to long distances from medical facilities for many.
Additionally, six counties in the nation had life expectancy declines for men, but 300 counties in the nation had life expectancy declines for women. What's the correlation that I mentioned earlier?? These are all RED STATES.
Information here has been provided by the Guttmacher Institute, and the Kaiser Foundation as well as from other sources.