- Registering to vote just got easier. With this little widget, you can fill out a registration form, print it off and mail it in ... or, if you're lucky enough to be in a state where you can register online, it will take you directly to your Secretary of State's website. Do it now! And share it with family and friends. Remember, as Rep. John Lewis said, voting is "the most powerful, nonviolent tool we have to create a more perfect union."
- The totally-predictable political backlash, aka conflagration, that began with the discovery by Muslims of the virulent religious hate 'film' called (depending on who you talk to), either Desert Warriors or The Innocence of Muslims is spreading. With protests now having spread from US facilities in Egypt and Libya to other countries such as Afghanistan, Yemen and Lebanon (complete with a fire set at the German embassy in Khartoum), you have to wonder why the anti-Muslim hate propagandists responsible for making and promoting this 'film' (starting first and foremost with that devil-may-care Muslim-hating, so-called-man-of-God named Pastor Terry Jones) haven't yet been declared Public Enemy #1 by somebody official at this point. Especially when the government itself has asked Jones to stop promoting this religious attack posing as a 'film' to try and control the international damage to US interests and he refused. I'm sure at least a few folks have been tempted at this point.
- In what can be described as very good news for voters, Florida's early voting schedule has been approved (without opposition from DoJ) for the five counties that are governed by Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. Voters will have the opportunity to cast ballots from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM for the 8 days prior to the November election.
- In even better news, depending on whose polling definition of 'narrow' you want to use, President Obama has a 'narrow' lead over Mitt Romney has grown to either 3% or 7% amongst likely voters. Last week, it was a 'narrow' 2%. At this rate of growth, President Obama may well have a 'narrow' lead in the double-digits by the time we get to November (but only if we do our part and (a) make sure folks are registered to vote; (b) voting ourselves, and (c) help others to exercise their franchise on or before Election Day.)
- Mitt Romney wants us all to know that he expects President Obama to 'lie' during their upcoming debates. Like never before, the right wing's reality has lapped our satire.
- It really isn't news anymore when the next story about Mitt Romney being a liar, boor or hypocrite comes out, but that's no reason to not keep hammering the point home to those who might be slow learners. The latest evidence? That Romney's VP vetters asked for (and presumably received) up to a decade of tax returns from his 'short list' of candidates – including Paul Ryan. All while Romney steadfastly refuses to hold himself to his own standard. It's almost as if the Obama campaign is paying the Romney folks to write campaign ads for them at this point.
- When former President Jimmy Carter, who has spent significant time since his defeat by Ronald Reagan in 1980 serving as animpartial monitor of electoral fairness all over the world, calls your electoral process 'one of the worst in the world', you know things are very, very bad. Are you listening, America?
- Google knows what you did last summer. And given what it knows, Americans don't get out much. Paintball? Really?
- "Pink Slime" is back in the news following the filing of Beef Products, Inc.'s lawsuit against ABC News this week. The suit contends that ABC made "200 false statements" over the course of a month that resulted in an 80% drop in sales and the company's bankruptcy earlier this year, as retailers yanked from their shelves ground beef that contained what Beef Products, Inc. calls "lean finely textured beef" and the rest of humanity calls "just fuckin' gross. (Maybe it has something to do with the ammonia that is prominently NOT mentioned in the phrase "lean finely textured beef? Inquiring minds want to know.)
- Leave it to Americans to try and make an investment buck out of environmental tragedy. The latest? Folks considering investing in the use of the Asian Carp invasion of the Great Lakes as the newest economic development tool for Illinois.
Mitt Romney: Liar and hypocrite
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, CoolOnion, QuoVadis, lyvwyr101, Longwing, kestrel9000, flumptytail, JeffW, fayea, divineorder, Its the Supreme Court Stupid, secret38b, ericlewis0, wintergreen8694, jolux, Prairie D, 2thanks, burnt out, wxorknot, ProgressiveBubba
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by shanikka
- Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...518 comments 228 Recs
- "The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- -Lewis Carrol, The Walrus and The Carpenter The time has come to talk ...180 comments 320 Recs
- We've been told, quite frequently and repeatedly that the problems in the black community that we've seen in Ferguson and Baltimore recently are not the fault of biased, paramilitary, paranoid and ...101 comments 173 Recs
- Manicurists in the New York City area are badly exploited and the government is not keeping up with labor law violations, a New York Times investigation shows. ...28 comments 30 Recs
- In Nike, a company that grew by outsourcing jobs to overseas sweatshops, President Obama may well have found the perfect place to promote yet another job-destroying, billionaire-enriching trade deal.162 comments 186 Recs
- Don't worry, you can't afford to live here. An analysis of Census data by Enterprise Community Partners has revealed that over a quarter of U.S. renters use at least half of their ...9 comments 12 Recs
- In a swift display of Karmic justice, a Milwaukee franchise bar lost its license after the owner's racist ravings caused employees to quit en masse and the activist community rallied their troops. ...104 comments 345 Recs
- Good guy, Stephen Colbert gives a lesson in charitable giving.318 comments 774 Recs
- It has been clear for some time now that would-be ...127 comments 55 Recs
- The video title says that Baltimore City Councilman Carl Stokes "Explodes" when CNN's Erins Burnett asked him "Isn't 'Thugs' the right word to describe these [looters and rioters in Baltimore]?" ...427 comments 572 Recs
- No current results.